Chapter 7

They made it to the site of the original liberty bell, sneaking off to go see it face to face because the centennial bell was up at the top where the liberty bell used to be.

The sun lit up a specific brick on the wall and Ben walked down with Alex to get it whislt Riley and Abigail went to the signing room.

Alex pulled out the knife from her pocket and sliced the brick open revealing glasses. Ben picked them up and they ran to the signing room, narrowly avoiding some people

"Hey what did you get?" Riley asked and Ben showed them the glasses.

"The vision to see the treasured past." Alex recited from the clue.

"So, they are like early American X-ray specs." Riley said, his sarcasm always there, cheering them all up.

"Benjamin Franklin made something like these." Abigail said staring at them and Ben smiled at her.

"I think he may have invented this pair." He stated and Abigail smiled back at him just as warmly

"So, what do we do with them?" Riley asked and Alex shrugged her shoulder.

"We look through it." She stated but in all honesty, she was not a hundred percent sure if what they needed to do with them herself but the most obvious option seems to use them like glasses.

Alex and Abigail unrolled the paper, and Ben placed on the glasses before taking a deep breath.

"What?" Alex asked as she saw her brother looking at the decleration.

"It's just that the last time this was here it was being signed." He explained and Riley rolled his eyes at the statement

''Ben, there is another tour coming." Riley said and Ben put on the glassds and gasped silently as he saw the next cluem

"What do you see?" Alex asked and Riley looked excited.

"What is it? Is it a treasure map?" He asked eagerly and Alex laughed before looking over at him and sheepishly smiling.

She had never felt nervous around Riley before, even when they met she never felt like she was going to mess something up. She didnt understand why she felt like that now.

"It says, Heere at the wall, spelled with two E's. Take a look." Ben said before passing the glasses over to Abigail who slipped them on before reading the clue.

Riley sighed and looked at the map, "Why can't they just say, Go to this place, and here's the treasure, spend it wisely?" He said, a bit tired at this point that there was still more clues.

He was on this mission for the adventure, not the treasure, but it would be nice to find it anyway. Ben looked out of the window and saw Ian and his crew and let out a small gasp.

"Oh, no." He whispered and everyone looked out the window with him, a chorus of oh no's filled the room when they saw Ian.

"How'd they find us?" Abigail asked and Alex shrugged her shoulders before looking at the blonde girl in front of her

"Well, Ian has nearly unlimited resources. Plus he's smart." Alex explained as she clenched her teeth.

Seeing Ian again annoyed her, he had betrayed them and left them to die in a ship, tried to shoot Ben, Riley and herself, kept Abigail hostage for a while and now they were after the map. She was just fed up at this point with Ian and his band of criminal nitwits.

"I don't think we can get out of here without being spotted." Abigail stated as shs saw them and Ben sighed when he saw the panic growing on everyones face.

"Well, we don't want them to have the Declaration, or the glasses." He said and then took a deep breath before checking for Ian once more out of the window.

"But we especially don't want them to have them both together." He finished and Alex realised what he meant and sighed.

"We separate the lock from the key." She said shaking her head, knowing how risky it would be if they were caught.

Riley loomed serious for once and shook his head, "We're splitting up!" He said, sounding a little scared and Ben grabbed the delceration, placing it back in it's casing.

"I'll take this. And those. You keep that." He said handing the decleration to Alex and he held the glasses and a fake decleration case.

"Meet me at the car and call me if you have any problems." He said and Riley laughed.

"Like if we get caught and killed?" He suggested sarcastically but you could hear the faint fear in his voice.

"Yeah. That would be a big problem. Take care of her." Ben said to Alex and Riley as he gestured to Abigail. He knew that Alex could look after herself but he was currently unsure about Abigail.

"I will," Riley and Alex said at the same time before laughing at each other. Alex quickly hugged her brother.

"Be safe, ok," she said and he nodded as he walked out one way whilst Riley, Alex and Abigail started running off into the other direction

1060 words