Chapter 18

They arrived in England and sat in the hotel room as Riley looked at the blueprints of Buckingham Palace

Alex was sitting next to him and Ben was watching over his shoulder as the three listened to Riley explaining his plan. It was a spacious hotel room, two rooms with double beds and a nice sitting area for Riley to work in whilst he clicked all the buttons on his computer.

"So the queen's office is here. The elevator shaft gets you close, but the only direct access is through security." He explained and Alex looked over at him.

"That should be exciting." She said, sarcasm obvious in her voice.

"We got to get you in that room." Riley said to Ben, knowing that he was going to have to go in alone.

Whilst they were thinking about what to do Ben got a call from their dad and picked it up confused because he knew that they were on a big mission.

"Hi, Dad." Ben said into the phone and he turned it onto speaker so that Alex could hear it too because she left her phone at home.

"Ben, is your sister there?" He asked and Ben replied, explaining she was there and listening to the conversation with them.

"Well, the house was broken into last night. I was attacked." He explained and Alex's hand clasped at her mouth in shock as she listened to her dad talk about it.

She couldn't imagine if her dad was hurt, "You okay dad?" She asked and Ben looked worried.

"I'm fi-" he said and Ben cut him off.

"Call the police. I'm coming home." He said and their dad scoffed from the other side of the phone.

Alex leaned her head on Riley's shoulder as he wrapped her arm around her waist.

"What good would that do? They didn't take anything. And Alex, I'm fine," Patrick explained and she smiled to herself knowing that her dad was going to be ok.

"OK. We're in London. We're going to Buckingham Palace. We have an appointment with the curator tomorrow afternoon." Ben explained as he looked over at his sister and Riley.

"Just be careful kids. Goodbye." Patrick said.

"Bye." Ben and Alex said at almost the exact same time before hanging up the phone.

"Someone else is after the treasure." Alex stated as she sighed, collapsing onto the sofa and leaning her head back in despair.