Chapter 9

THE THREE SAT IN THE BACK OF IANS CAR on the way to New York

THE THREE SAT IN THE BACK OF IANS CAR on the way to New York. Alex lay her head on Riley's shoulder as she fell asleep against him.

Abigail was on the other side of the them and she watched as Riley wrapped his arm around the sleeping woman. They both seemed to ignore the kiss that just happened and decided to focus on the treasure.

"What happened between you two?" Abigail asked quietly and Riley went slightly red as he looked over at her,

"Not much, she just needed to rest and she's always seems comfortable with me so yeah," he said stuttering towards the end and Abigail just laughed silently.

"We're nearly there why don't you get some rest," she said and Riley yawned, leaning his head on top of Alex's.

"Yeah maybe," he whispered before falling asleep whilst Abigail watched them smiling.

The three sat in the Internet cafe across the street from Trinity Church as they watched Ian pacing in front of it.

They knew that Ben was currently on the USS Intrepid, escaping from the FBI and it was obviously scary but they just had to wait for the call.

Almost on queue they got a call from Ian, "Abigail you answer," Alex said and the blonde girl looked confused. "You figured out a way to help him, you figured out the clue and plus I don't think he wants to be told of by his little sister,"

"Hi, sweetie. How's your day going?" Abigail said and Alex laughed, her brother never really connected with anyone as much as he had connected with Abigail, she had faith in them even if they weren't dating yet.

Riley and Alex couldn't hear any of Ben's side of the conversation, just incoherent static noises coming from the cellphone.

"It turns out helping someone escape from FBI custody is a criminal act. And he's the only criminal we knew. So we called him and made a deal." Abigail explained as she nodded, listening intentley to whatever he was saying

"Yeah, we all are, your sister had a bit of a hit to the head but she slept it off in the car and Riley's right here, doing something clever with a computer." She said looking over at Riley who was playing with the computer, Alex leaning over his shoulder to get a good view of the screen.

Abagail passed the phone to Riley who held it between his head and shoulder.

"I'm tracking you through the GPS in Shaw's phone. They take a turn turn anywhere we don't want, we'll know it. So don't worry. If Ian tries to double-cross us, we can call the FBI and tell them right where you are. And where to find Ian." Riley explained, passing the phone back to Abigail.