Chapter 11

A SMILE GREW ON ALEXS FACE ASshe walked around the room, looking at all of the bits of history that lay around her

she walked around the room, looking at all of the bits of history that lay around her. She held the gold cup in her hands as her thumb traced the engravings in it.

"Hey Ben, I need your light over here," Alex yelled out as she picked up the powder in her hands. He understood what she meant in a second and lowered his torch onto it, lightning the powder up as it spread throughout the room.

In seconds the whole room was lit up and Alex sighed in content when she saw all the artifacts that lay around the room.

She looked at her brother who was standing next to her and she smiled at him before looking at her dad.

"We did it Dad," she whispered and he smiled at her, he looked so proud that his little girl had managed to do something like this, that his children had found the templar treasure and salvaged their family name.

She looked over at Riley who had tears in his eyes and she grabbed his hand and he looked at her, his eyes glazed over.

"Riley, are you crying?" She asked as he smiled at her before looking back at the treasure room.

"Look, Stairs," he said before pointing to the stairs on the other side of the room. The stairs may have been completely broken but they knew that it was their time to escape.

The group started walking back over to the stairs, getting distracted by the collection of artifacts but they eventually made it to the top of the stairs without anyone falling through them.

There was a narrow door that led somewhere and Ben started walking through, the rest of them following shortly afterwards.

They all crawled through the narrow shaft, trying to ignore the cobwebs and spiders that crawled over there dirty bodies.

Ben broke through another grave at the end and poked his head out to look at an elderly man who seemed to be in a janitors outfit.

"Do you have a cell phone?" Ben asked as he climbed out of the tomb, slowly followed by the rest of them.

As Alex stepped out she shook the cobwebs off of her body as she shaked all over, her extreme arachnophobia didn't help when the spiders crawled over her skin.

She was shaking as she flicked cobwebs and spider remains off of her clothes. Riley ended up helping her to try to get her to be quiet whilst Ben called the FBI, turning himself in.

She sat in the pews in the back of the church between Patrick and Riley whilst Ben sat at the front of the aisle as he held the Delceration and the Glasses.

Suddenly two men walked in, but they assumed that more were waiting outside in case they made a run for it.

The older man walked up to Ben whilst the younger one in a hat and sunglasses stood behind their pew.