Chapter 28

"WE BOTH KNOW WHAT HAS TOhappen here

happen here." Mitch said as he looked at Ben and everyone's panicked faces.

"One of us keeps the door open and stays behind." Ben finished for him and Alex looked at her brother then back at Riley.

"I vote Mitch." Riley said bluntly and Alex held in a laugh when he said that.

"This isn't a democracy." Mitch said as he looked back at Ben.

Randomly, Mitch punched Ben in the face and Alex gasped, looking at her brother in panic. Riley rushed over to help him when he was also punched in the face, falling flat on his back.

"Riley!" Alex yelled in panic as she ran over there to help him out.

That's when Mitch grabbed her from behind and held a knife to her throat. That made everyone stop moving and Riley look at her with a worried look.

"Stop! I'll stay!" Ben said as he saw a tear escape his little sister cheek.

Riley looked like he was ready to kill Mitch himself. Alex was trying not to shiver as much whilst.

"I'm staying. Look, look at me! I'm right here! I'm staying!" Ben said as he walked over to the pole again and grabbed it.

Alex tried not to panic as the knife got dangerously close to her throat but it was difficult as she looked out at her family and Abigail.

"I'll tell everybody how this is going to go. You and me are going to open that door. Anybody tries to leave before I do then I won't hesitate to drop this door. Then we'll start this all over again!" Mitch said as he tightened his grip on the knife.

Alex felt her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to move as far away from the knife as humanly possible.

"Try any funny business, and I can guarantee you people are going to get hurt!" Mitch said gesturing to the knife on her throat.

Alex looked over at Riley, her eyes pleading for help as he just stood staring at her, his mouth open in a scared fashion.

"I won't! You have my word. Just let my sister go." Ben said and Mitch let go of Alex, pushing her towards Riley who wrapped his arms around her instantly.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Riley repeated over and over again as he stroked her wet hair, trying to calm her down.

She moved so that she was in front of him, his arms still wrapped around her waist.

"Ben, no, we're not leaving without you." Emily said as she looked over at Ben. Abigail walked over to Ben and he placed a hand on her cheek.

"Abigail. You make my parents leave. You make Alex leave." He said to her and Riley wrapped his arms tighter around Alex as she leaned her head back against his chest, the water filling up the room so it was now up to their chests.