Chapter 6

ALEX LAUGHED AS THE LITTLE BOY started walking away "I can't believe you bribed that kid to bring you the letters Ry," She said as she watched the kid run across the road after giving them the second to last clue

Ben and Abigail had gone out to get a spare change of clothes so Alex and Riley were going to meet them there. "E-O-F-P-A" he read out as they looked at the rest of the clue trying to work it out.

He reached out and lay his hand on top of hers as they thought through the clue. They both flushed red as they looked at each other smiling. Alex looked down at the paper and re-read the clue. Her teeth dragging on her bottom teeth as she thought which made Riley smile at her.

"Why are you smiling like that" Alex asked Riley as they sat on the bench, waiting for the little boy to come back with the final clues from the Silence Doogood, his thumb running over her knuckles.

He looked down at his lap, his face was red as he looked around the street waiting for the kid, a large grin still aparrent on his face.

"I'm not sure, I guess you just always make me smile," he said and she shook her head before looking down at their hands, her face definitely becoming pink and flushed.

"Hey,"he whispered and she looked back up at him to see that his face was probably the same colour as hers. "Did I ever say I didn't enjoy it,"

They heard a car horn go off before seeing the kid running back towards them.

"S-S-A-N-D." Alex read out and the kid waited impatiently as Riley wrote it down, focus covering his face.

"OK. Huh." He read out and Alex raised an eyebrow at the kid before asking if he was sure if it was right. The kid nodded before leaning over Riley's shoulder to see him write it down

"S-S-A-" Riley read out as he looked at what he wrote but was cut off by the kid who pointed at his N which looked a tad bit like an R.

"No, N." He said confused and Riley furrowed his brows and looked over at the kid.

"That is an N" he said defensively and Alex laughed at him.

"It doesn't look like an N." The boy said and Riley huffed, handing another dollar to him before sending the boy off to get the last four letters.

"The vision to see the treasured past comes as the timely shadow crosses in  front of the house of pass and what? Riley read out and the two thought about it for a little while.