Chapter 8

THE THREE CASUALLT STROLLED OUT the building like nothing ever happened, trying to avoid making eye contact with any of Ian's crew

THE THREE CASUALLT STROLLED OUT the building like nothing ever happened, trying to avoid making eye contact with any of Ian's crew. Riley started walking right.

"Lets go this way," Abigail said as she walked left, Riley running to catch up with her.

They all speedwalked along the street, hoping that none of them were spotted but that would be difficult seeing as Riley and Alex spent the last 3 years with these men.

They walked through the crowd, trying to keep as close together as possible. Suddenly they heard someone yelling look out and Abigail turned around to see Shaw and one of the other men from the crea following them.

The two men were pushing through the crowd as Riley grabbed Alex's hand and started running, closely followed by Alex.

"Time to run sunshine," he said and they all ran through the slowly dispersing crowd.

As they ran they found a market and Abigail opened the door, "In here," she yelled and the three ran into the crowded marketplace.

Alex only just now noticed she was sti holding onto Riley but for once she didn't blush.

Right now it was life or death, petty school girl crushes meant absolutely nothing in the moment of fear. But then she realised that she had just admitted her crush on Riley to herself.

In the state of confusion she followed Riley to the left, not realising that Abigail had gone right towards the meat stand.

Suddenly Riley turned around to see Abigail was gone and they had lost her through the crowd, Alex tried to turn back but they couldn't find her.

"We'll find her later don't worry, for now we have to hide," he said and they hid in a small corner near the ice cream stand.

They hid panting in a small corner and then Alex swore under her breath as she saw the brown haired man running towards them.

"Do you trust me Ry?" She asked and he didn't even falter as he nodded his head.

"With my life," he whispered and her heart was pounding in her chest. She knew that if she didn't make the move then they would be caught and something terrible would happen to them and she couldn't let that happen.

"Im sorry," she whispered before reaching her hand back behind Riley's neck and pulling him closer to her.

When their lips met she felt Riley tense up, both of their hearts were beating faster than humanly possible as she didn't stop kissing him.