Bathroom Door

The next couple weeks went fine, Daryl and I spent some time together, but he had just gotten a job at a construction company of sorts, so he was gone a lot because of that; so I just hung out with Dan and Phil, and occasionally Chris when he was gone. I unpacked all of the boxes in my spare time too! Points for me! And my headache was gone for most of the time, sometimes attacking, but not really as bad as before; I think it was just because of the change of elevation and environment or something. But anyways, Daryl and I have been doing well, he’s been a lot more romantic lately which has been good, it annoys Dan though. He still doesn’t like him, not even trying too. I’ll have to find a way to fix that eventually. At least Phil is attempting to get along with Daryl.

“Mel. Hey. Hey, Mel. Mel. Hey. Hey. Mel.” The sickly sweet smell wafted into my face. I rolled over, my head still pounding, such a disgusting smell.What in the hell even is that?

“Whaaaa.” I grumbled. The light’s flicked on and my eyes burned with the sudden brightness. I pulled my blanket over my head, “Mmmphhfff.” I'm nocturnal. Doesn't he get that?

“Melllllll. Melllllllllllllll. Melanieeeeeeeee.” Daryl persisted, climbing next to me in bed,

“Whaddayawant?” I moaned, trying to go back to sleep.

“I just wanna hug!” He whined, wrapping his arms around me.

“Be gone.” LET ME SLEEP, BRO.

“Nope. Can’t do it.” He laughed, but then his fingers started prodding at my sides, “BUT I CAN TICKLE YOU!!” He yelled. I startled convulsing, my laughs echoing around the whole house,

“Nonononono! Stop it! Stop! Stopstopstopstop!” I screeched before finally pulling out of his grip and falling out of the bed, my shoulder slamming into the wood floor.

“…Ow…” I said quietly, trying to catch my breath.

“You’re so clumsy.” Daryl laughed, his head poking out from the edge of the mattress, his eyes slightly dilated as he smiled at me.

“It was your fault.” I mumbled, standing up slowly and stumbling over to the kitchen, “Food.”

“We have none.” Daryl called from the bedroom. “We have coffee though!”

“But I don’t want coffee!” I replied back, still walking towards the kitchen, admiring Daryl’s handy work with the cupboard doors, they haven’t fallen off yet. Ha. I guess he really is good at construction. The sickly smell had invaded the kitchen though, taking away a tiny bit of my appertite—what is that? I opened the fridge door and groaned; all that was there were 2 eggs, milk, bread, and an apple.

“There’s absolutely no food!” I moaned, reiterating what Daryl just said.

“I’ll run to the store and get some!” Daryl yelled, a little too excited as he ran into the living room, already putting on his shoes when I came into the living room.

“I can come too if you want?” I offered, digging around the closet to find my jacket,

“No!” He said quickly, I looked at him strangely, but he just coughed, “I mean, you stay here, it’s raining cats and dogs outside and I don’t want you to get sick, so just relax.” He added, giving me a kiss and heading for the door,

“Well, okay, if you’re sure…” I muttered, but he had already left.

I let out a long breath and walked to the bedroom, I could probably get some laundry done while he’s gone. I started picking up my dirty clothes and realized that Daryl had already done his. I smiled, he’s finally picking up after himself, and Daryl always hated doing laundry. Even growing up I seemed to mature faster than him. After my mother left I sort of had to take care of myself, since dad didn't-- No. Not thinking of him. 
But I was always picking up after myself AND Daryl. He was just about as lazy as it gets.