Infiltration

Here you guys go you awesome people!!!!! :3 <3 <3

A/N Sorry, there will be A LOT of POV switches!

I imagine a lot of my books as movies… So this is, like, intense jump cutting to each scene, in a sense.

NBUT MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE POV BEFORE READING. THEY’RE KIND OF IMPORTANT IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GET CONFUSEEEED.

Pj’s POV (First Person)

“Okay, so here’s the plan…” I sat back in my chair as everyone was gathered around a table, now in fresh clothes, clothes that we could easily run in. We were discussing how to break Phil and Mel out of the facility. My facility. I shuddered at the thought of it. The old walls and leaking ceilings. The cruel ‘nurses’ and experimenters.

They shouldn’t have to be there. There is no reason for them to be there. I looked up and saw Sara’s red eyes gazing back at me, tears endlessly streaming down her face. I looked away in disgust. How could she betray me like that? Spy on me, hide the truth from me?

I trusted her, loved her even.

I still might. Love her, I mean. I just… I don’t know what to think anymore. It’d be best to wait until all of this craziness is over…

Daryl’s POV

Daryl nodded to the plan. Him, Victor, and Ryan would go into the back entrance to try and find where Phil and Melanie were locked up. Pj, Sara, Dan, Cal, and Chris are going in the front. Assuming that everyone would flip out when they saw Pj—Rose, Sofia, Nicolai, Ant, and Joe would wait just outside the doors.

“Now or never.” Nicolai said, getting to his feet. Joe grumbled and did the same, though looking less determined and a lot more irritated. Daryl didn’t even know why Nicolai had bothered to decide to bring him along. The most he’ll do is ruin everything. Everyone joined in standing up and exited the warehouse into the cold night air, those who lived in the warehouse equipped with guns.

Daryl felt the back of his waistband at his, the cold metal making his hands tremble. He’s never killed anyone. He doesn’t want to. But he just shook his head as the wind whipped through his hair. There might not be a choice. He’ll do anything to get his baby back, even if it meant sacrificing his own life or risking another’s.

Melanie’s POV

I looked up into Phil’s eyes as he cradled me in his lap, tears falling from them like water from a melting icicle.

“Are you okay?” He asked, but I couldn’t answer. I couldn’t get my throat to work, my mouth, my lips. I was just there. Catatonic. Barely able to think. My eyelids started drifting shut when the burning sensation reappeared, though less intense than before, it probably has something to do with the numbness that seemed to wash over me. I winced, but stayed awake, my body shuddering. I need… sleep… I need peace.

Phil’s POV

Phil tried not to sob as he held Melanie’s fragile body in his arms, holding her close. She’s so weak… so small. He shook his head at her pale face and glazed over eyes.

“What happened to you…?” He whispered, not knowing how something this bad can happen to such a perfect human being. How things this bad keep happening to her. It’s just not fair.

He glanced down at her pregnant stomach and felt a stab of pain. He knew it was Daryl’s. And he felt a pang in his gut.

He didn’t know then, but he wanted it to be his.