Located

Daryl’s POV (First Person)

“Okay, so why do these people hate you?” Ryan asked, walking beside me as we exited the elevator into the hall.

“Well, you know that thing that happened? When I took the fall for Melanie’s self-harm and everyone thought I tried to kill her…?”

“Oh…” Was all he said. I nodded. Yeah. Oh. I stopped in front of the door and took a deep breath, raising my hand to the door, but froze, my nerve getting the best of me. They’re going to kill me. They’re going to call the cops. Oh, God. I can’t do this. This is a bad idea. Why in the HELL am I doing this? Jesus.

“Bloody whimp!” Victor teased, leaning past me and knocking on the door three hard times, each one making my heart pound faster. This is not a good idea. I heard footsteps approach the door and held my breath as it swung open, a blonde head appearing in its place.

Oh no. That’s the guy! That’s the guy that tried to kill me the night it happened. That’s the guy! I heard him take in a sharp breath before starting after me, his eyes red. Nicolai pushed me aside and grabbed his shoulders, spinning him around and pinning the man to his chest, wrapping his arms around his torso, holding him still.

“Fucking, let off!” He spat, thrashing in Nicolai’s arms. Nicolai rolled his eyes before sending him to the ground a couple feet away,

“Calm down.” He said with order, freezing the man for a couple seconds before he struggled to stand back up.

“Cal? What’s going on?” My eyes went wide as I recognized the voice and turned around to see Dan’s red face, anger written all over it as his hands went to my neck, pushing me against the wall and cutting off my air. My lungs burned as everything around me blurred, my voice stuck in my throat.

“Mate, get off of him!” Victor yelled, pulling at Dan’s arms, “Please! You’re killing him!” My lids grew heavy as my legs grew weak, “Please!” Spots filled my vision before I hit the ground. I blinked hard and coughed before seeing Victor in front of me, his eyes wide, “Daryl, you okay?” He asked in a worried tone, his voice cracking a bit. I just nodded, looking up and seeing Ryan and Anthony holding Dan back as he still tried going for me.

“Get the fuck out of this building!” He spat before a blonde girl came out through the door and held his face in her hands, whispering things to him. He stopped struggling, though his face remained red, and Ryan and Ant let him go before returning to my side. Pj came out next [Jesus Christ, are they all here?!] and glared at me, though he seemed to barely retrain himself,

“What do you want?” He spat, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I want to see Phil.” I choked out, my throat burning as Victor helped me up, shaking. Pj’s face went a little pale as he shook his head. “Where is he?” He froze for a second before shaking his head again. Then it clicked.

“Was he kidnapped?” I tried, looking deep into Pj’s eyes as he answered. Though he didn’t say anything, I saw the pain that flashed in his eyes.

Oh, God. This has to be connected. It has to be. I turned away from them on my heel and started running my hands through my curls. Oh, Christ! It has to be connected. What are the chances of both of them getting taken? And within the same week? It had to be the same person. Or group of people. Had to be.

“What’s it to you?” Cal spat, standing slightly behind Nicolai as he made himself into a human wall for me. I just shook my head and looked each one in the eyes before responding,

“Someone took Melanie.” I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

That’s when all hell broke loose. Cal tried going back for me again, though Nicolai stopped him immediately. Dan also went for me, and Pj halfheartedly tried stopping him with a hand. The blonde girl let out a scream and tried to stop Dan a little more fervently, neither of them could. He plowed into me and banged me into the wall, head aching as everything spun. Victor let out a yelp and started banging on Dan’s arm trying to get him to release me. I noticed several more people come from the flat and started freaking out. This is causing too much attention. Too much. Someone will call the cops. I’ll be so busted. I’ll go to jail, Melanie will probably be killed, my babies will die, Phil will die, that can’t happen. I can’t have that blood on my hands. I refuse.