Point, Shoot

Melanie’s POV

“Someone help her! She’s in labor!” Victor screamed, running to the bars and waving his hands through the gaps, “Someone please!” I made pained noises and gripped my stomach, not quite sure if I should stand or sit as I remained on the small bench. What would be best? Victor ran back to me and grabbed my hand, “Sound like you’re in labor, not constipated.” He whispered, making me smile a little.

“I’m trying! I’ve never been in labor!” I snapped, but shut up when a guard opened the door, creeping in with his walkie-talkie out.

Victor backed away as he came to look at me. In one swift motion He grabbed a big rock that sat at his feet and rammed it over the guards head, immediately dropping down and searching him once he hit the ground. He grabbed the keys and put them in his pocket, along with clipping the walkie-talkie to his pants, though the weight of it made them sag even more. He grabbed a hand gun and handed it to me, the cold metal feeling foreign in my hands.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” I asked, trying to stand up, but Victor pressed on my shoulders and kept me on the bench,

“You’re not going anywhere.” He said, giving me a pitiful look.

I furrowed my brows, “What? Why not?!”

“Have you seen yourself lately?” He replied, biting his lip.

I didn’t answer, knowing that even if he did let me go with him, I’d only slow him down. I’m in no state to be running around, dodging gunfire or anything.

“Point, shoot. If anyone comes, don’t hesitate.” I started to object, but he was already almost out of the cell, “I’ll be back with the others as soon as possible, I promise. Point, shoot! Point, shoot!” He called, rounding a corner and running as fast as his legs could carry him.

I looked down at the gun and cringed. I held the gun up and aimed it at various things before dropping it down, my shoulders sagging. I can’t shoot a gun? Who am I kidding? But then I held it up again, what if a guard comes? I have to. I have to. I can’t just surrender. I need to get out. I need to put my babies before my moral comfort. I need to get them out of here.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Rose’s POV (First Person)

The second the door cracked open I bolted out of my room, my hair falling out of my bun and into a messy ponytail.

“Rose?! Rose! What are you doing?!” Jason called after me, his medium length black hair blowing out of his face as he ran, brown eyes full of confusion. “Rose?!”

“She’s going to kill him!” I cried, ripping the rubber band out of my hair and throwing it to the side. I made a sharp turn down the stairs to the cells and only ran faster when I heard a female scream. Oh, no. This can’t be happening.

“Who’s going to kill who?” Jason persisted, grabbing my arm to try and slow me down. I yanked out of his grasp and fell down a couple steps, my ankle screaming.

“Sofronia is going to kill Dan!” I whimpered, pulling myself up to my feet and continuing down the hall with a limp, following the direction of the scream. After a couple of seconds I saw Sara on the ground, a bleeding wound of her forehead and Sofronia with Dan pressed against the wall of his cell, something shiny held at his stomach.

“Dan!” I yelled before throwing my hands over my mouth, tears spilling over my cheeks when Sofronia looked over at me and laughed,

“Ready to watch another death? Oh-ho, this is too good. Oh, and Jason’s here, too? I’m sure he’d love to help me with this.” I turned to look at him, but his eyes were wide, hit lips stretched into a thin line, wheels turning in his head. He needs to decide whose side he’s on. He needs to decide soon.