Just Friends?

I turned on the faucet and got undressed as the water heated up. I stared at my naked body in the mirror. Wincing at all of the scars and bruises. Jesus Christ. I look like I just came through war. I took a couple steps back, looking at the bruise at my gut. I thought it might’ve started to heal, but no. It’s even all swollen and gross. I made a gagging noise and stepped in the shower, grateful for the hot water that beat against my skin. I saw some raspberry body wash off to the side and smiled. Raspberry? That’s manly. I giggled some more and squirted the soap in my palm.

“Rasp berry.” I mumbled, popping the ‘p’ as I washed up. “Rasp, rasp, rasp berry.” I rinsed out my hair and then sat down in the bottom of the tub, taking a deep breath.

So much has happened in so little time. Abuse, memory loss, coma, breakup, fighting, drinking for the first time, almost ra—.

I shook my head before I could finish that thought.

So much. So, so much.

I just sat for a minute, clearing my head when Phil popped into my thoughts.

Phil. I smiled, my insides flipping. I know I shouldn’t feel like this, but I couldn’t help it. I mean, what’s the point in trying to change my feelings? But then I thought of her.

That Sofia person. I wonder who she is. It’s possible that they aren’t dating, right? I knew I was lying to myself though, all those kisses in the text? I crinkled my nose. Bleh. And she called him ‘babe.’ How degrading of a name is that? If a boyfriend ever called me ‘babe’ I’d slap him. It’s such a derogatory term.

‘Babe.’ Gah.

I stood up and bitterly shut off the faucet. I don’t even know her and I hate her already. I knew I shouldn’t hate her, but I couldn’t help it. Jealousy wasn’t really something I was used too, but I knew that it would be the downfall of me. Shouldn’t I just be happy for him though?

I got out of the shower and noticed that Sara had brought me some clothes. I smiled as I picked up the dark blue skinny jeans, we looked the same size. I put the jeans down and got dressed, noting that she got me an adorable pink and black knit sweater. I looked at myself in the mirror and tied my hair up with a rubber band that was left on the counter, throwing it up into a messy bun on the top of my head. I stared at the bruise on my cheek again. Jeez. Is it ever going to heal? I rolled my eyes (again >:| ) and went out into the living room.

I smiled as I looked over at Sara; she was asleep, sprawled out across Chris and Pj’s laps, her head nuzzled into Pj’s stomach.

They looked so cute! I wish they’d date. I’ll probably have to do something.

As for the boys, they were playing Super Mario on the Wii U, Pj with the GamePad and Chris with the Wii remote. I didn’t see Phil anywhere, probably in his room. Texting Sofia? I shuddered at the thought. God, I hope not. I looked around and saw Dan sitting at the table with his laptop, Tumblr? I walked over and smiled. Yup. Of course, this is Dan we’re talking about!

I walked behind him and placed my chin on his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his neck,

“Hey Dan.” I said, pressing my cheek into his. And no, not in that kind of way; he’s like a brother to me.

“Why, hello there.” He mumbled, his eyes not leaving the screen.

“You aren’t very exciting.” I pouted, pulling away from him and standing up straight, “I’m going to make some food.”

“You just ate.” I stuck my tongue out at him, even though he couldn’t see, and went to the kitchen anyways.

“I don’t care, I’m starving.” Why am I always hungry now? Jesus, I’m so unhealthy. Well, I guess I haven’t eaten much this week… MOAR FOOD!