Erased

A/N There is going to be a lot of big blocks of text in this one! My apologies! It's about Melanie's past though!! So it's uber important! It explains a lot about her!

My eyes opened slowly as I pulled the blankets tighter around me. I smiled as warmth fluttered in the pit of my stomach. I sat up and stretched before realizing that I was in Phil’s bedroom. Hmm. Maybe I fell asleep after we made the brownies. I thought about it for a minute, trying to remember what happened before I fell asleep; but there was just a big black gap in my memory. What time is it? I wondered, looking at his clock; only 3 o’clock? We started the brownies as like, what? 2? Nice power nap, I thought with pride as I stood up, my legs a bit wobbly and my stomach a little sore as I made my way to the bathroom. I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror, so I could observe what damage may have been done to my hair during the nap. I wrinkled my forehead when I saw the purple-y pink bruise on the right side of my face. Maybe the guys were trying to prank me, it could be make up. I slowly reached my hand up to the wound and touched it; I flinched in pain and regret as it started to throb. Owww. Ow. Not a good plan. I shook my head, what happened?

“Uh, Phil?!” I called, my ankle starting to throb as well, “What happened to my face?” I added, leaning forward, inspecting my face in the mirror.

Pj's POV

All of the boys were congregated in the kitchen when they heard her yell from the bedroom, and the instant the question was asked, the two boys froze,

“What?” Dan mumbled as Phil looked up at him, confusion evident in both of their faces. Pj also seemed confused as he put down his mug of freshly made tea. The two boys told Pj Melanie’s story, but now he wasn’t too sure if they were telling the truth. She would definitely remember if something like that had actually happened.

“What do you mean?” Phil called back, walking over behind the couch, while Dan went a little past the dining room, waiting for her answer.

“Where did I get this bruise? It freaking hurts!” She said, now walking down the hall, slowly rubbing the side of her face, Phil and Dan started silently conversing with their eyes, both pairs full of worry and confusion, “Can I get some ice—Oh, well, hi there.” She said once she caught sight of Pj, a peculiar look on her face, she stood there for a second, looking a little lost, “Uh, I’m Melanie,” She added, shaking off the confusion as she began walking over to Pj, who was still in the kitchen, and extended her hand.

“Pj.” He said with a cautious smile, grasping her hand. So soft. “…I can get that ice for you.” He turned back to the freezer and pulled out a bag of carrots, “Or carrots.” He laughed uneasily, wrapping them in a cloth and giving it to her.

“Thank you,” She said shaking her head a bit at her earlier reaction to him and placing the fake ice pack to her cheek, only wincing slightly as she tried to smile. But then she turned to Dan and Phil. “Okay. What did you guys do?” She asked, resting her free hand on her hip, tapping her foot. “I mean, I know I’m clumsy, but I’m not that clumsy.” Pj just stood in the kitchen and looked from Dan, to Phil, to Melanie; his eye’s lingering a bit on Melanie. God, she’s so beautiful. But then he saw the bruise and got angry, who would do that to a girl? To anyone? He clenched and unclenched his fists, trying to calm down. “Uh, hello? Are you guys going to tell me?” Melanie said after a few minutes, dropping both of her hands; her face now looking worried, “Guys?” But they just stood there, frozen; their eyes wide. “Answer me!” She snapped, starting to panic, “What happened?!” Pj looked over and Phil, giving him a look; I want to know, too.

You don’t remember?” Phil said, his voice barely a whisper as he looked at her,

“Remember what?”