Betrayed

Melanie’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly and saw that I was alone in the hospital room. I furrowed my brows. Did they leave? I sat up and looked around in the darkness. The clock on the wall said it was 10 p.m. I rolled my eyes. Great. Now I’ll be nocturnal.

I sighed and swung my legs out of bed, my feet getting chilled as they touched the cold tile floor. I stood up, a bit wobbly at first, and made my way over to a cabinet. I opened it and saw my clothes and belongings there. I smiled as I saw my iPhone. Technology!! I took it and went back to my bed before remembering that it was dead. I sighed and set my phone on the little nightstand before seeing Phil’s phone (I’m guessing because of the Lemongrab case) sitting there, plugged in and charging. I got all excited as I took a deep breath and picked up his phone.

Please be charged, please be charged. I pressed the home button and was met with a full battery sign. Yay!! I pulled out the cord and plugged it into mine, but not before seeing a text message flash across his screen.

From : Sofia<3 : Hey babe! Xx Did tht girl get out of the hospital yet?! I miss u!! <3 Xxxx

My heart twisted as I read that.

Wait, why? He can have a girlfriend if he wants to? I rolled my eyes. Yes. Of course he can. Why couldn’t he?

I blinked a few times, plugging in my own phone. I sighed and laid back as I waited for the phone to power on. I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the girl.

Did she use enough kisses in that text? Bleh.

Once my phone powered up I saw that I had about 24 missed calls and 12 text messages, half from Phil, Dan, Chris, and the other half from Daryl.

From : <3Daryl<3 : Mel! You have no idea how sorry I am! Please call me! I’ve left

you a billion messages!

From : PHILLIP:D : Where are u??? Why did u run out like that???? Call me!!

From : <3Daryl<3 : I can explain everything, I swear!

From : DanisaurGrrrWe r all freaking out, u should call us.

From : <3Daryl<3 : I haven’t been entirely honest with you lately, I’ll admit it, but

now everything will change, I’ll be better… just please, come home.

From : <3Daryl<3 : I love you so so so so much, I promise. I just want to make

everything better!

From : <3Daryl<3 : Melanie… Can you just text me and tell me that you’re okay?

I’m getting worried…

From : DanisaurGrrr : Chris lost his phone, but he wanted me 2 tell u that u owe

him so much $$ for all the petrol hes using trying 2 find u.   

From : <3Daryl<3 : PLEASE. I’m so worried! Just tell me where you are! I promise

I won’t text you ever again if you tell me you’re safe!

From : PHILLIP:D : Why did u run off? Chris is driving me around everywhere to

find u! Just come back, we can talk this through!

From : PHILLIP:D : Chris found his phone! Thank god u’re with Sara, we’re coming