Chapter 13

Next Morning: Kenma's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. My head hurt, but not as much as my body did. When I opened my eyes, I saw the money left on my nightstand. I sat up carefully and counted it before putting it into an envelope I left hidden by my nightstand. Then I realized something.

I turned around and saw Kuroo in my bed with me. He was still asleep... What was he doing here..?

"...Forget it." I mumbled to myself and slowly got out of bed.

"Kenma."

"..."

"Kenma, what happened last night..?"

"...I don't know. You tell me."

"Why did you let him do that to you.." Kuroo asked as he sat up. I kept my back to him before clenching my fists.

"...Do what.."

"Do you seriously not remember?"

"No. Why else do you think I had gotten drunk."

"Kenma, you can't just-"

"And why not. He gives me a lot of money, and he paid for a procedure making it truly impossible for me to get pregnant again... It's simple. I get drunk, sleep, and wake up to money left for me. I don't even remember any of it. It's painless.."

"Does anyone else know? Shoyo or Keiji, anyone?"

"No. And they never will."

"..."

"...The way I make ends meet isn't your concern." I said and walked off. It's true that I don't remember. I know as much as he has sex with me, but I don't know anything else. I don't remember feeling it. And I don't want to.

I just silently began making myself coffee when my phone buzzed. It couldn't be Daichi or Suga. I told them I would come pick Haru up later this afternoon, and it's still morning. When I checked who messaged me, my stomach dropped.

Alpha: Last night wasn't as satisfying with that second alpha there. I want it again tonight

Me: You can't. My son will be home

Alpha: You think I give a shit?

Me: Please, you promised you would never come over when he's home

Alpha: Listen you slut. I pay you. I keep that roof over your head and the food in your kid's mouth. So you do what I want

Me: Please

Alpha: If you don't want him seeing, come to the park tonight after he's asleep

Me: I can't leave him alone

Alpha: If you don't fucking show up at 2 am exactly, I'll just come over and fuck you senseless. I don't care if the kid hears. Might be good for him. He'll learn what a whore his dad is. See you tonight

I stared at his last message in silence. I don't know what to do.. I can't let him come over when Haru is home... I can't let Haru know. And it'd be risking my own son's safety.. I believe this alpha would hurt him, or maybe even do the same to my son as he does to me.

"What do I do.." I muttered before slowly sinking to the floor. I started crying uncontrollably. Screaming even.

"Kenma..!" I felt Kuroo grab me in a panic.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Kuroo's POV

Kenma screamed, dropping his phone and hunching over as he cried. I watched in horror before seeing his phone. I couldn't help but read the left open messages.

"...Kenma."

"...I can't. I can't let Haru know.. I have to go tonight." Kenma said in an almost calm voice. I widened my eyes at Kenma's tone of voice. He was screaming in agony seconds ago, and just like that, he turned his emotions off... Something he must have learned to keep calm for his son....

"No, you aren't." I said, Kenma quietly sitting back upright and looking at me.

"Then what do you propose. Let him come here? That I let him ruin my life more than he already has!?"

"Tell him you'll no longer do this."

"Then I won't have any money."

"Is there no job you'd do in place of this?"

"Fuck you..." Kenma said shakily.

"..I didn't mean it that way.. I just-"

"You wouldn't understand."

"..."

"You don't understand. You don't understand what I'm trying to do. You don't understand what it's like to be desperate enough to do anything for enough money to keep your child safe..!"

"..."

"I tried other jobs. But it left Haru home all day by himself. I needed a job where I could stay home with him until he's older. And this alpha is all I could find."

"Kenma, you don't have to do this.."

"Yes I do! I have no choice!"

"I'll help you."

"And why would I trust you."

"...I.."

"You knew I didn't want you to leave me... but you did anyway."

"..I know... I know I did. But Kenma, you can't let him continue doing this to you.. You have no reason at all to trust me.. But please, isn't gambling on me better than, than having to put up with that asshole the rest of your life?"

"...No, it isn't."

"What? Why not??"

"I have to go pick up Haru.. So, I ask that you please leave now so I can get ready."

"Kenma, why are you willing to do this! I'll help you find something else."

"Kuroo, leave."

"Kenma, I won't leave until you tell me why." I said a bit angrily. I don't know if I was angry at that alpha for using Kenma, or if I was angry at Kenma for doing this to himself. And he won't accept my help.

"..."

"Kenma, please tell me why."

"...My heart is already broken. So what use is my body to me."

"Kenma..."

"Please. Leave me alone."