Chapter 23

Kuroo's POV

"Kenma?" I peaked open the bedroom door. I saw my omega curled up in the corner of the room in one of his nests. He just quietly whimpered as I walked over.

"Oh kitten..." I mumbled, climbing into the nest with him. Kenma climbed on top of me and held onto me in silence. I brushed my fingers through his hair and kissed his head until he finally looked up and spoke.

"I'm afraid he'll tell Haru about what I had done."

"I know.."

"What if Haru looks at me differently if he finds out.. or hates me for it... or is ashamed. I know I'd be." 

"I doubt our son would ever do or think that." I reassured to my omega. He just shook his head and held onto me tightly. I spent a while comforting him before he fell asleep. I knew he didn't like waking up alone, so I stayed with him until there was a soft knock at the door.

"Yeah?"

"Is dad okay?"

"He's alright."

"Okay.. Uhm, I'm going to go out."

"Where?"

"Just, practice for team." Haru said. I raised my brow but nodded and watched him leave. I know that Kenma is scared our son will think of him differently if he finds out. But, I know that we have raised our son better.

Haru's POV

I wish I knew what was wrong. All my dad said is that my omega dad used to know the alpha a long time ago, and something went wrong. Maybe it was an ex-mate? 

"Haru?" I turned around before smiling faintly.

"Hi, Mr. Bokuto."

"How long until you will call me Keiji." He asked with a faint smile. Keiji walked closer as I laughed slightly.

"Sorry, habit from you babysitting me so often." 

"What are you doing out here?"

"Thinking."

"Out here?"

"I don't really want to be at home right now."

"Want to come back home with me?"

"Would you mind?"

"Not at all." Keiji said, smiling when I helped him carry the bags of groceries he was carrying. I walked in silence with him until we got to his home. I helped him put away the groceries when suddenly someone grabbed my shoulders.

"Haru! What'cha doing here?" I looked over my shoulder and smiled faintly at Grant.

"Better question is what are you doing here."

"Not polite to say to a resident of this humble abode." He said and jumped in to help us put things away. After everything was put away, Grant's girlfriend came by. Guess they were going on a date. I personally don't like his girlfriend. But maybe it's because she's a pushy alpha.

"Haru?"

"Huh?"

"You're zoning out." Keiji said as we sat down in the living room.

"Sorry."

"What's wrong? Is there trouble at home?"

"Not exactly.. did my dad ever have a bad relationship with an alpha? When I was little?"

"Not that I can think of. Kenma began dating and marked Tetsuro not long before your 6th birthday." 

"...Weird."

"Why?"

"I ran into an alpha who said he knew me when I was little. But, I don't remember him at all. And he knows, or knew, my dad at some point."

"Have you asked?"

"Yeah. But, my dad seemed really upset over it." I grumbled in thought. Keiji didn't seem to know about the alpha, and I really wanted to figure it out. Why wouldn't I remember the alpha if he knew me?? My dad never dated anyone until he, basically reunited, with my alpha father.

"Leaving?" Keiji asked when I got up. I nodded and grabbed my phone to call Makoto.

"Yeah, thanks for letting me come over."

"You're welcome here any time."

Akaashi's POV

After Haru left, I got up and closed the door behind him with a sigh. Getting up and down was getting difficult again. As soon as I sat back down, the door swung open again and I groaned in annoyance. But at least it was my alpha and not the wind knocking the door open.

"Hi Keiji!" He said and rushed over to me. I smiled and pulled him down for a kiss and cuddle. Kotaro hummed happily before pulling me into his lap and resting his hands on my stomach.

"Kotaro, Haru was here just a bit ago."

"Was he?"

"Mhm."

"How's he doing?"

"He seems worried about his dad."

"Which one?"

"Kenma."

"Oh. Why??"

"He said that Kenma seemed awfully troubled by an alpha he met."

"Huh. Strange. But, Kenma has Tetsuro and Haru to help him. Try not to stress, isn't good for you and the baby." He said while giving my neck a kiss. I smiled faintly and put my hands overtop of his.

"I think this needs to be the last one."

"Really??" My alpha asked a bit sadly. I looked at him with raised brows.

"Kotaro, how many children do you want?" I asked with a small laugh.

"As many as possible."

"As wonderful as that is... I think that Grant, and then the twins, and then the triplets is plenty. Plus whatever this little one will be."

"You sure?"

"Kotaro."

"Alright alright fine, last one. Probably." 

"No, last one definitely." I said sternly. Kotaro nodded and held onto me tight while we cuddled. I leaned into his chest and started to drift off when the front door opened again. This time, it was our set of twins returning from volleyball practice. They both smiled and said hello before running off.

I tried to go back to cuddling and taking a nap when suddenly there was a ton of thuds upstairs. I sighed and got up, going upstairs and finding our triplet sons wrestling each other. When they all saw me, they stopped.

"If you all have so much energy, take it outside." I said while crossing my arms. The three nodded and grabbed some of their toys and ran to the backyard. 

"Definitely the last one." Kotaro said as he walked up behind me. I laughed faintly with a sigh.

"So much for a nap. I'm going to start dinner." I said and headed to the kitchen. While I was getting ingredients out, I couldn't help but wonder what was going on with Kenma.