Chapter 17

Few days time skip: Kenma's POV
"You doing alright kitten?" Kuroo asked with a small smile. I nodded and climbed into his lap for comfort. I had told the alpha I wouldn't allow him to mark me. And.. well he wasn't very happy. I didn't know how to react when he told me what he did... I think I would've had another breakdown if it weren't for Kuroo there to help me.

I snuggled in his lap in silence while he started scenting me. Kuroo has been a big reason why I've been able to keep myself together lately. Though I worried he wouldn't keep his word, and he'd leave again. Then I would be back to square one.. 

"If you're tired Kenma, why don't you sleep?"

"Mm... I need to go pick up Haru in a bit."

"I can go get him for you."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Here, I want you to rest." The alpha said as he picked me up. He set me down on the ground while he took some blankets off his bed and some pillows. I watched as he snuggled them up into a pile.

"Is that supposed to be a nest?" I asked with a faint smile, Kuroo laughing awkwardly and nodding. I fixed it up a little bit and laid down. It was pretty comfortable. And it smelled like Kuroo which made me comfortable.

"Ah.. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Thank you." I said, climbing out of the nest and giving Kuroo's cheek a gentle lick and kiss. His face turned a bit red as he watched me climb back into the nest and doze off. 

Kuroo's POV

I bit my lip at the small display of affection Kenma gave me before I slowly got up and headed out to go get Haru. I want Kenma to rest after all the stress he's been through. I went with him to tell the alpha no, in case something would've happened. And it was a good thing that I went. If it weren't for me there, I was worried the alpha would've hurt Kenma. But the bastard basically threatened him and his son's life.

So, not only was I going to go get Haru so Kenma could sleep, but I know that Haru's baby sitter is an officer. Well, I think at least. I dunno, I went over there once with Kenma a day or so ago and saw all kinds of authoritative badges and diplomas on the wall. So it was worth a shot. I want that stupid alpha away from Kenma forever.

When I got there, I knocked on the small home door and waited. The door opened and Haru's babysitters smiled.

"Hello, Kuroo." 

"Hey. Sorry, Kenma was tired so I came to get Haru."

"Haru's finishing up a craft right now, he shouldn't be too much longer. Come in."

"Thanks. Uh, Suga right?"

"Yep!" The omega said happily. I nodded and stepped inside, taking a look around the room. We sat together as Suga offered me a drink.

"No thanks. Uh, is your mate an officer??"

"Hm? Oh, yes he is. He got injured but he still works in the field. Why?"

"Well... Uh, to not give away too many details... Kenma and Haru were threatened by someone. And.. I just, wondered if we could-"

"Kick his ass?"

"Yeah."

"Well, you'd have to ask Daichi. I'm not too sure what all the rules about that is."

"Where is he?" 

"Let me go get him." Suga said while getting up. He walked off and soon returned with Daichi. He sat down with a small sigh. Suga said he got injured at work. That explains where he got the bad scar over his face and the limp.

"Suga said you had a question??" 

"Yeah, someone threatened Kenma and Haru, and... I don't want them anywhere near either of them."

"Well... I'm afraid I can't do much over just a threat."

"Even if it was a violent one?"

"If it's been a repeated threat, then, yes. But otherwise, a one-time threat isn't a crime that I can make any type of arrest for, if that's what you're looking for." Daichi said. Hm... Kenma does have proof of multiple threats in his phone. But... I really really doubt he's going to want to show anyone the messages. He let me see them, and, it was pretty obvious what was going on. The alpha could be arrested, but Kenma's humiliation would be published in the news. 

"...I'm not sure that-"

"Hi Mr. Kuroo!" Haru said as he ran over. I gave him a small smile and let him climb into my lap. He showed me something that he made, and it was really good.

"Wow, how'd you make that?"

"Mr. Suga helped me with a lot of it..." He said shyly. I smiled and nodded as I held the stuffed animal. No wonder it looked almost professionally made.

"Well I handled the needle and sewing but Haru is the one who chose the fabrics and helped me put the eyes on." Suga said as he sat next to Daichi. I nodded and gave the toy back to Haru before he got up and ran off to grab his little overnight bag. 

"Thanks for watching him. Uhm, Daichi, could I talk to you again sometime about... you know?"

"Of course. Hey, I don't want Kenma or Haru in danger in any way. But if I have no grounds for action, then it'll only make things worse."

"I understand. I'll talk to Kenma too."

"You get home safe." He said as Haru bounced back over. I slung the bag over my shoulder and picked Haru up in my other arm. Haru waved goodbye as I headed back towards home. Kenma is probably still going to be asleep when I get back, so I'll talk to him later. Though I wonder if he would let those messages be released.