Chapter 15

Kuroo's POV

After a quick bath, Kenma silently climbed into a nest he had in the corner of his room. He looked at me silently, and I walked over and climbed in with him. Kenma climbed on top of me and held onto me tightly.

"Kuroo... I don't know what to do. I.. have to do it."

"No, you don't."

"But I don't have another choice.."

"You do."

"..."

"Kenma, I won't try and tell you what to do. But you always will have a choice.. You just have to decide which one you will pick."

"And what's my other choice.."

"You can either do what this alpha tells you. Or you can leave him behind."

"But..."

"Neither choice would be easy. But it's yours to make." I said gently while holding Kenma. He stayed quiet for a while before whispering.

"...Would you help me..?"

"Of course I would. And I will."

"...What if you leave again."

"I won't make the same mistake twice." 

"Thank you.." Kenma mumbled before silently falling asleep. I held him closer while purring quietly. Kenma doesn't deserve this. And I promise that he will never have to do such awful things just to not have to worry about having a roof over his head or being able to take care of his son. 

Next Morning: Kenma's POV

Mm..? Where's Kuroo..? I groaned softly as I got up to look for him. My body was sore and my mind was still foggy and distressed. I felt scared without Kuroo here. Did he leave me again? He said he wouldn't...!

"Kenma? Kenma I'm right here kitten.." I heard, turning my head and seeing Kuroo rush into my room. I sniffed as he wrapped his arms around me and laid us back down into my nest. 

"Where'd you go..."

"I just went to go see if you had anything I could make for breakfast."

"Don't leave again.."

"Alright, alright I won't." He said and hugged me tighter. We stayed like this for a bit, and it calmed me and started clearing my mind a bit.

"Kuroo?"

"Yes, Kenma?"

"...I want you to help me.. I don't want that alpha to mark me. I'd rather die than be his mate.." 

"Okay. Do you trust me?"

"..."

"I understand that you don't. But, you may have to if you want this to work."

"...Okay.."

"Then we need to start packing."

"What?"

"You and Haru can't stay here. That alpha knows where you live. When you tell him no, he may come here. Not to mention you know he won't pay for this place a second longer." 

"So, where are you saying I should go?"

"You both can stay with me."

"What??"

"I have only one spare bedroom, so, you and Haru may need to share. But I still think it'd be better than staying here."

"..You're right."

"As soon as you're feeling better, we'll go get Haru and start packing. I'll call Kotaro and Keiji to help us. If that's alright." 

"Yeah.. I wanna call someone else. He should be back in town by now."

Mini Time Skip: Hinata's POV

"Mmmm, finally back home!" I said happily, purring when my alpha suddenly grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into his lap. I giggled as he started scenting me.

"You smell like the alpha who was by you on the plane...." He grumbled angrily. I smiled and let him scent me before stretching again.

"We can cuddle later, I have to go see Kenma!"

"We just got back though?"

"I know. But he asked to see me. He said something about he was moving and.. he sounded sorta upset... I hope he's okay. He's been acting funny some nights, but he never tells me what's wrong.."

"Mm. Want me to come with you?"

"Would you?"

"If he's moving, he could use the help."

"Okay!" I said excitedly and gave Tobio a kiss. I climbed out of his lap and we both went to Kenma's apartment.

When we got there, I saw that Kotaro and Keiji were here too. And, was that Kuroo...???? What the heck was he doing here.. I tried ignoring him and went to go find Kenma. I smiled happily when I found him.

"Kenma!"

"Hm? Hi, Shoyo. Hi Tobio."

"I brought him along to help!"

"Thank you.. Tobio, could you go help Haru??" Kenma asked with a small smile. My alpha nodded and walked off as I rushed over and hugged Kenma. When I did though, he winced and stiffened up. I know he doesn't usually like physical touch, but he normally didn't mind if I did it.

"Are you okay Kenma??"

"...Yeah. I'm just, stressed. Sorry." He said and tucked some hair behind his ear. I tilted my head with some suspicion.

"So, why is Kuroo here?"

"Uhm.."

"Kenma... If something's wrong, I want you to tell me. I'm your best friend."

"...I... am moving in with Kuroo."

"What?!"

"Shoyo.."

"But after he left-"

"He won't again. Besides.. I... am choosing to live with him." Kenma mumbled. I was a bit worried. I mean, Kuroo just up and left Kenma years ago, so I don't like the idea. 

"Okay. But, why?"

"..Let me show you something. As long as you don't freak out."

"...Alright..?" I said and let Kenma take my hand and pull me to the bathroom. He closed and locked the door before slowly lifting the edge of his shirt. I widened my eyes to see he had bruises and scratches all over.

"Kenma!"

"Shh..."

"Who did that!"

"...There's been an alpha who's been.. who's..." Kenma tried, but he started to choke up a bit. I huffed before pulling him into a big hug.

"Kenma... I didn't know.."

"...Kuroo said that I could live with him. And that he'd keep me safe.."

"How long has this been happening.."

"For 3 years."

"3 YEARS?!!!?"

"Shoyo, please don't shout. I don't want everyone knowing."

"Right, sorry. But.. I just... AGH it makes me angry..!" I said, feeling angry enough to cry. Kenma pulled away slightly and smiled gently at me.

"I'm okay Shoyo. I promise."

"Hmph. I don't care if I'm an omega.. I wanna go beat him up."

"Pft.. thank you. But the biggest help right now would be to just help me get out of here." Kenma said with a small laugh. I nodded in agreement as Kenma leaned over gently rubbed his cheek against mine. I purred in contentment before giving him another hug.

"If you ever need anything, come to me okay?? I'll beat up Kuroo too, if I need to!"

"Hah... Thank you, Shoyo."