Chapter 25

Haru's POV
Where the hell is that alpha. I don't care if I die in the process. He needs to die for what he did to my dad. I have a feeling that the alpha is going to know I'm going to come after him. I may have not been the greatest at hiding that I was angry when he told me what he and my dad had done. Though, he tried to make it sound like my dad was nothing but a willing prostitute.

I tried searching the same areas of town where I had encountered him last. It wasn't until I got to the pretty scary parts of town was I able to find a faint hint of his scent. It appalled me. But I was able to recognize it. I followed the scent for ages until I heard his voice.

"Come to find me puppy?" He said with a smile. I looked at him silently before growling.

"I'm not a child anymore."

"Maybe not in the sense of being completely helpless. So helpless that your own father had to do unspeakable things. Even giving up any ability to have more children. But still a child."

"You took advantage of my dad."

"No. I helped your dad. And I can help you too."

"You can help me by dying!" I shouted angrily. The alpha chuckled and walked closer. He looked down at me and tilted his head.

"You're a lot feistier than your dad. But you'll be just as weak. You know I could beat you if we fought."

"..."

"Do you really want to die so young?"

"..."

"I'll make you a deal."

"What."

"I'll completely leave you and your family alone. You won't see me ever again. And you'll be returning home unharmed and alive."

"What do you want."

"I want a taste of you as I had a taste of your father. You are absolutely stunning, truly your father's son. And alphas are so much more fun to break." He said while placing a hand on my shoulder.

I growled angrily and turned to try and scratch him. He stepped back with a small smile.

"Shame. You're only going to hurt your father. First he lost his dignity. Then his ability to reproduce. And now, his son."

Kenma's POV
"Please answer the door!" I shouted a bit too loudly. The door swung open and I was met with my son's boyfriend's parents looking at me in shock.

"Is everything alright...????"

"Please I need to speak with your son." I said, both looking at me and then each other before calling their son. He walked over in a frantic.

"Is everything okay?"

"I need you to help me find Haru." I said, the alpha looking worried and telling his parents he'd be back. Both his parents looked baffled as their son rushed off with me and Kuroo.

"What's happening? What do you mean find Haru??"

"He... he went missing. And.. my and Kuroo's sense of smell isn't as strong as it used to be. And no one would know Haru's scent better than you." I said in a hurry. Makoto looked between Kuroo and I in a slight panic before nodding.

He started off in a direction as Kuroo and I followed. I was scared. What if we can't find him? Or what if it's too late if we do...? What if-

"Hey... come on, we need to find him." My alpha said when I started slowing down. I nodded and grabbed onto his hand. Please let us find him.

Time Skip to Night
"It smells like he should be around here... but I don't see him. And something else is muddling the scent." Makoto said sadly. I looked around anxiously. Makoto stopped us in front of a large lake.

"...so... he isn't here...?" I mumbled. Kuroo looked around as well before Makoto perked his head up. He said nothing to us and suddenly dove into the water.

"Makoto...!" Kuroo said alarmed. We both stood on the edge of the water until there was a small splash. Makoto was swimming back towards us with something. When he came near, I saw he had Haru in his arm.

"Haru...!" I nearly screamed. Kuroo pulled Haru out while Makoto got out of the water and shivered. Kuroo laid our son down in the grass while I kneeled down by him and tried waking him up.

"Haru? Haru wake up! Why, why are his clothes stained with blood!" I said all at once. Kuroo was busy calling for medical help while Makoto stayed near and tried to help me, but he was uncontrollably shivering. The water gets cold. And even colder at night.

"There they are." I heard someone say in the distance. Several alphas came over, all wearing paramedic uniforms. They took Haru and began grabbing breathing tubes from their bags and getting Makoto warmed.

Several of them tried speaking to me. But I was too worried, so Kuroo answered for me. I followed after them as they put my son into a gurney and started taking him back towards the roads where a vehicle would be. They pushed me aside when I tried climbing into the back with them.

"Hey..! You can't take him without me..!"

"Kenma. Come on. We will meet Haru and Makoto at the hospital." Kuroo said as the ambulance drove away. Our son in one, Makoto in another for hypothermia.

The hospital wasn't far, so we both hurried there. By the time we got there and were allowed to see Haru, he was waking up. He couldn't talk since they had a breathing tube in his throat, but he looked half passed out.

"Haru..." I mumbled quietly, grabbing his hand. He wouldn't look at me. But I was at least thankful he was alive. The doctor said they drained the water from his lungs and were making sure he focused on breathing and there were no infections.

"Hey. I just visited Makoto's room. He's alright."

"....good."

"How's Haru?"

"...He almost died because of me."

"No. He almost died for you. And he isn't dead." Kuroo said. I just shook my head and kept quiet until Haru started coughing. We called in a nurse and watched her carefully remove the tube. Haru choked and coughed for a while before looking at me.

"...dad...."

"Hey.. don't speak.. it's alright. You should be resting."

"...I'm sorry.."