chapter 10 - reliving it

I almost screamed my head off. I wanted to shout for help and for someone to save me. My mouth wouldn't move . I turned my head ot the hand and I saw my teacher. I took my headphones off and sighed. 

"Yes?"

"Sorry Emily. i just wanted to ask you if you had done the homework assignment or do you need an extention?"

I got completely forgot about it. My study hall teacher was also my history teacher. 

"I have my textbook right now. I can just do it now. "

"Ok. I would understand if you wanted to turn it in next class. "

"No. Thats ok. I can just do it now and turn it in next period."

"Alright Emily. Sorry to scare you."

I thought to myself, you didnt' just scare me. You made me relive it all over again.

I worked in my assignment that was due next period. I finished and felt confident that it was correct. So i put it away and went back to netflix. I was able to get through an episode of my favorite tv show before the teacher said it was time to go. I packed up , said goodbye to my friends, and walked over to my homeroom classroom. I walked to the next buidling in complete silence. My head was down to not cause an attention and to aviod everyone. I wasn't in the mood to talk to people. 

I had reached my homeroom and sat down in my seat and waited.... 

After 15 minutes later, we were dismissed. 

I went to my locker to get ready for next class. On my way there, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them. I had to control myself from screaming my head off. It was my friend Claire.

"Hey Emily. You ok?"

She could tell by how I was acting that I wasn't in a good mood. 

"Long story."

"We have some time. Please tell me I want to help. You know I am here for you."

By then I started to cry. We walked to a secluded part of campus and I told her everything. She was crying too.

"Oh my God. Emily, I am so so sorry. No one should go through that." we hugged it out until the bell rang and she walked with me to class. She gave me a big hug 

"I wish we didn't have to go to class. I want to be here for you. And I want to thank you for telling me. Thats not something you would want alot of people to know. Im grateful that you trust me enough to tell me. " 

She gave me a hug and we went to our own classes. She went off to English and I had Religion. 

I walked into my relgion class. Celebrating Sacraments. Our teacher, Mrs. Linel, saw me as I sat down.  My eyes were red and puffy and I had a stuffy nose.

"Emily could I see you outside."

I followed her outside.

"What are you doing back here? You should be at home or the hospital."

"I know but I did not want to miss anything that could be prominent to the final. "

"Do you need some time to regroup yourself?"

"Yes please. "

She tried to comfort me by putting her hand on my shoulder. 

"Is there anyone you have told?"

"I have told Claire Red. She's a senior though."

"Do you know what class she is in?"

"She is in English right now. Ummm room 107"

She walked into room 107 and asked to talk to the teacher, Mrs. Idena. Mrs. Idena came outside to see me, stuffy nose and puffy eyes. Mrs. Linel told Mrs. Idena something that I couldn't make out. Mrs. Idena walked back into class and Claire came out. Mrs. Linel said we could go outside and sit at the tables and Claire could help me to regroup myself. She went back to clas and we walked outside. We talked, hugged, cried, and hugged some more. I had grown very close with Claire through swim and dance. "One weekend before school is out, we will hang out and we will do whatever. We could dance, go to the beach, or go shopping." We were tryign to laugh it out but it barely worked. We went back to class with thrity minutes left. I made it through religion and went off to lunch. Claire and I ate together. We talked about whatever we could and we didn't even realize the time. It was time for our last class. Thankfully. I had English. English was ok. We read a few short stories and discussed the symbolism behind it and went into deeper meaning about some phrases. Before we knew it, class was over. 

I grabbed everything from my locker and headed to the parking lot. I found Felix and he ran to me. He hugged me and wouldn't let me go. Not like I wanted him to but hey. 

"How was school?"

I laughed because when is school ever good. It was Friday though so that was great. 

"I got your medication you need to take."

I took it and chugged some water. 

We got into the car and he brought me home. It was a half an hour drive with traffic but we ended up beating my brother home. He came inside with me and we got some thing to eat and drink then landed on the couch. He turned on the TV. as if he knew his way around the house. He looked so cute. 

"Hey Felix.."

"Yea?" 

I couldn't help it anymore. I kissed him and kissed him. He kissed me back. 

We shifted our positions, so he was on top of me. We kissed and wouldn't stop. He kissed my neck and I could feel his hands all over my body. He took his shirt off and unbuttoned my blouse. But that was my trigger. I tried to push him off and I was screaming at him. I felt claustrophobic and couldn't breath. I got up and went over to the kitchen to relax. I was reliving the attack on replay in my head. The memories were so hard it hurt. I started to cry. It feels like all I have done for the past two days is just cry. I got some water and Felix walked in. 

"Are you ok?"

"No" I said while drinking some water

"It ... um It felt like it was happening all over again. I'm sorry."

"No don't be sorry. I'm sorry I shouldn't have pressured you ti do anything ....."

I interrupted him before he could finish. "You didn't pressure me into anything. I wanted to do that, its just I can't stop reliving it."

He came up to me and buttoned my blouse back up. Kissed my forehead and held me in his arms. I never felt more safe than in his arms.