chapter 11 - mom and dad?

As we stood there, a bright light flashed. A car had pulled into the driveway. I pulled away to see what kind of car it was. 

Volkswagen GTI. My dad's car. 

I ran to the garage, opened the door and ran out to my parents. I made it to the end of the garage when my side started to hurt and I almost feel over but Felix caught me. We walked to the car to see my parents. They came out of the car with Nick in the backseat. His eyes were all red and puffy as if he had been crying. my mom had to get him out of the car. He would not move. 

We made it to the car. I snuck up behind my dad and hugged his big Santa belly. He turned around and gave me a proper hug. I could hear his nose sniffling. 

"Dad I missed you! What;s wrong?"

"I missed you too pumpkin. Mom and I have something to tell you...." but he stoppped talking once he say Felix.

I notioned to Felix to come over to us. 

"Dad this is Felix. Felix this is my dad."

My dad was giving him a stern look. My mom walked over to us and I introduced her to Felix as well. 

"Emily can you get your brother out of the car, please?"

"Yea sure." I left Felix with my parents and went to get Nick. 

"Hey Nick. Why won't you come out?"

"Emily you were right.." He started to cry again. 

I knew what he meant. 

"Mom has it again doesn't she?"

He nodded his head. He put his head in his hands so I wouldn't see him cry. 

I opedned the car door and pushed him over and sat next to him. 

I looked over at Felix with my parents. He looked sad and was about to cry. 

"Hey Nick lets go. "

He came out of the car with me and we walked over to them. 

My eyes were starting to get puffy. I was so furious at my parents. 

"So no phone call for almost two days?"

"Emily please let us explain" I cut them off before they could.

"You do knot know what I have gone through these past two days! Man it has been such a great birthday" I said sarcastically. My mom started to cry and my dad comforted her. 

iI ran, or at least did my best to run, inside the house. I went for the bathroom. I cried and cried. I checked my side to see why it was hurting so much. I had stitches there also. 

I remembered him. He kicked my side to keep me down. I cried even more. I heard a knock at the door. I wiped the tears and tried to pull myself together. I opened the door and Felix was there. He had cried too. I wiped his tears and hugged him. 

He grabbed my hand and led me to the living room where my parents were sitting on the couch. Felix and I sat across from them. 

"Honey. Please forgive us. I have cancer again. It is inoperable and the doctors say I have almost 5 months." my mom told me and i started to cry.

"What happened to you this week?" my dad asked. 

"Someone attacked me on my birthday and tried to rape me." I said it so fast so the words wouldn't sink in with me or I owuld start crying and probably couldn't stop. 

My parents cried and were horrified.

"Felix saved me and he hasn't left my side since." My dad got up and extended his hand out to Felix. He stood up too and took my dad's hand. He shook it but my dad pulled him into a hug. Felix was not expecting that which was kind of funny. 

I walked over and sat next to my mom. I hugged her and would not let go of her. I actually fell asleep liek that. She had wiggled her way out of it and Felix carried me to my room. I was awake at this point but didn't want to say anything. :) 

He layed me down in my bed, put the covers over me and everything. He is so sweet. 

As we left, I grabbed his hand. He turned around and I oculd see him smiling. I pulled him closer to me and he climbed under the covers with me. I snuggled up next to him with my head resting on his chest. I closed my eyes and we both fell alseep. 

Later I could hear my parents talking at my door. The door was opened and my parents were there watching us. I could barely make out what they were saying. 

"Look at them. They look so cute together."

"I don't like him sleeping with her."

"He was the one who saved her. He hasn't left her side Emily said. And we owe her this. We were not there when she needed us the most. No girl should have to go through what Emily went through. I'm glad she has Felix."

I smiled as they shut the door and went to bed.