21. why

Tommy drove us back to his house. 

I didn't want to go home and see all the smiley pictures of my family after what I just heard from my mom. I didn't feel like talking to the guys and Sara. I just wanted.. no I needed a distraction from everything. Sweden, Fooo Conspiracy, my mom, Sara and anything that could make want to cry.

The car ride was quiet besides my sobbing every 5 minutes. Thankfully it wasn't that long of a drive there. I was still my uniform and my makeup was all over it. 

Tommy's parents were out of town. We walked to his room. He went to his closet and got me a t-shirt and sweats. 

"Here. I don't think you want to sleep in your uniform. And I can wash it for tomorrow."

"Thanks." I barely get out. 

I set the clothes down and could barely get out of my clothes. 

"You okay Emily?"

"No I'm not." I had given up on taking off my clothes. It wasn't difficult, I just felt weak and like I can't take anything. 

"Do you want me to help you?"

I just shrugged. We had seen each other in our underwear before. He was like my big brother so I didn't care if he did.

He walks over to me. He helps me to unbutton my blouse, taking it off slowly as if not to break the fragile being that held it. My shirt was off and I had my sports bra on. He then knelt to unzip my skirt. I was left in my underwear. Tommy helped me put on my shirt over my head. 

"Do you want to wear the sweats?"

"No thats okay. Thank you." He help guided me to the bed and I laid there staring at the ceiling. I needed a reason to stay here. I had no reason. School was ending, Nick was going, my mom is dying and told me she hated me, my dad is dead, and I alienated my  friends. 

Tommy went to his closet again to grab clothes for him to wear. Mostly, he just wore his gym shorts.

He came out and sat down next to me. I said nothing. Still horrified at my mother's words and the thought of never seeing Tommy again in a few days. I cuddled up next to Tommy. My head resting in his neck. I didn't want him to see me cry again. I could feel his rubbing my back to calm me down.

"Emmy? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm moving to Sweden, after finals. My mom hates me and thinks of me as a disappointment and she told me she hated me and she is dying. I'm getting adopted by Omar's parents. I alienated my friends. And I'm never going to see you again." Thats the one that made me cry harder. 

"Oh. Thats a lot." He pulled me closer to him, hugging me tightly.

"I am go to school abroad in Sweden. You remember my uncle lives there. And I have dual citizenship there."

"I don't want to lose you.I can't. I would break."

"You won't I promise. I will skype you crazy, talk to you all the time, and try to visit as much as I can.Okay. I promise you, you will not lose me."

His promise was reassuring. We put on a movie, Avengers. I feel asleep not even 20 minutes in. I head was on Tommy's chest and my arm wrapped around him. 

I dreamt that I woke up in my bed. I got out of bed, grabbed my jacket, put it in and walked into my brother's room. His bed was messy and he was not in sight. I could hear the TV on from down the hall. I walked into my parents room. My mom and dad still asleep. I smiled at their peacefulness and closed the door so they would not be disturbed. I followed the sound of the TV to the kids room. Nick was asleep on the couch. I turned off the TV and walked outside to grab the morning paper for my dad. I walked down our steps and to the newspaper. I bent over to pick it up. When I stood up there was someone in front of me.