15. the hospital

I woke up to see my dad sitting in the chair next to me. It felt like I hadn't seen him all week. So much has happened this week and he has been there with my mom. My poor brother. No one has been there for him. Mom is dying and dad won't leave her side, I was attacked and spent my time with Felix. Nick was all alone.

"Daddy?"

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Where is Nick?"

"He is in the cafeteria getting lunch."

"Lunch? What time is it?"

"It is 1:05 pm. You slept a lot. Your pillow was wet when I got here so I changed it out. You want to tell me why it was covered in tears?"

I started to cry again because all the memories of last night came running back to me.

"Daddy. I don't want to go back there."

"You don't have too."

"Should I get mom?" He doesn't know how to deal with this situation. The thought made me laugh.

"Sure. Where is she?"

"She is actually on the 4th floor talking to her doctor."

"Oh."

Nick walked back into the room with a tray of food.

"I brought food."

"Thats great. Thanks bud."

I patted next to me on my bed and he came and sat next to me.

"How are you doing through all of this?"

"I'm doing ok I guess. I still can't believe that everything is happening."

I gave him a hug. "I know buddy I know." My dad left the room to go see how my mom is doing.

I sat there with Nick and helped him with homework while I did mine.

We did homework until we finished enough to last us the next three days.

We started to watch Netflix. We were watching our favorite tv show, Supernatural. Dean whos my favorite and Nick likes Sam.

I went to the bathroom to change into pajamas instead of being in this stupid hospital gown. I came out to see Nick watching Supernatural with Felix.

I put my clothes down and close the door. The slam made the guys draw their attention to me.

"Hey Emily."

"Nick can you give us a minute please?"

He got up and walked over to me and whispered something in my ear.

"Please don't be mad at Felix. He likes you alot."

"Thanks buddy." He walked away and sat outside with my laptop watching Netflix.

I walked over to my bed and sat down.

"Emily please let me explain what happened."

"Ok"

He looked surprise I said ok. He came and sat next to me on the bed.

"I did NOT want to kiss her. She came up to me saying that your mom was looking for me to take pictures while they were singing happy birthday and when I looked to see you, they were already singing and so I looked back to her to tell her that they were already singing happy birthday and your mom was already taking photos. She grabbed my face and kissed me. I pulled away from her as fast as I could. I didn't want to I swear. I love you and only you."

To hear him say that he loved me was the best thing to hear right now with everything going on.

I started to cry. God all I have done is cry and cry and cry. Ugh i was furious with myself but wouldn't show it.

"Please don't cry. I am so so sorry."

"Its not that. Its just....... you said you love me. I'm happy that you said that but with everything that has been going on, you are the only thing keeping me sane right now."

"I'm glad. You know that what happened to you was in the past. Move on from that."

"It's not that. My mom is dying. "

Felix's face was drained of emotions. He was shocked and horrified.

"Oh Emily.... I didn't know."

"I didn't tell anyone. It's just.... my mom is my closest friend. I don't know what I will do without her."

Felix came closer to me. I laid my head on his chest just crying and soon fell asleep.