19. wtf?

I saw my friends, Tommy and Sara. We were on the crest again, watching the sunrise. Tommy and Sara were crying. I am not sure why. I walk over to them to comfort them but I fall off the crest into a big black hole. Forever falling farther and farther away from them. As I was falling I was replaying my parents attitude in the car, how my mom was so eager to get my brother and I out of the country and how mysterious this all was.

I hate waking up in hospitals. I could smell it before I even opened my eyes.

I could hear the doctors talking, nurses rushing to their next patients and people in my own room talking about something. I decided to open my eyes to know what they were talking about.

I saw my mom sitting by my bed, crying. Nick was talking with Oscar, Sara talking with OG, and Felix talking to Tommy.

My mom saw me open my eyes.

"How are you feeling honey?" she could barely get the words out.

"I'm ok. What's going on?"

"You talk in your sleep, did you know that?'

"Yea I guess, Sara told me I have sometimes. Did I say something? Is that what's going on?"

"Yes. You did. You were talking about how you were suspicious of how your father and I acted in the car before the accident. And a few more stuff like that."

"Oh. Sorry mom."

I guess that got the attention of my friends.

Sara was the first to notice I was awake. 

"Emily!"

"Hey Sara!"

"How are you feeling? You ok? You scared the hell out of us!"

"I'm sorry. A lot going through my head and I guess I blacked out."

The Doctor walked in just as I finished my sentence.

"Well you are right about one thing. You did black out. You were mostly dehydrated. You need to drink water and make sure you eat food. Can all of you make sure she eats and drinks a lot of liquids."

Everyone nodded their head in agreement with the doctor.

"Well great. I feel fine and I need to get going to school. Sara can watch over me there." I get out of bed but get really light headed and fall back down. As I start to get up, Felix and Tommy run over to me. Somehow they knew I would fall.

"Yea right. You and school? Not today." Tommy told me.

"I need to I have finals coming up!" I gave him a death glare.

Sara came to my rescue.

"I can watch over her at school. I can make sure she eats, drinks, and gets to class in one piece. If anything we can give a note to the teachers about what's going on. "

Thankfully, Sara's offer made the guys nod their head.

"OK fine. You can go. But on one condition." My mom told me.

"Anything."

"You must, must, must , must stay with Sara. And be careful please. We will get you after school. Right after school. ok?"

"Ok mom."

I walk over to give my mom a hug for letting me go. I gave her a big hug. I could see her cringe as I hugged her.

"Mom? Everything ok?"

"Yes honey. I'm fine. You must get ready for school. Go get dressed."

I walked to the bathroom and changed into my uniform. As I shut the door, I could hear them talking about me. It didn't take me long to get dressed, so I came out sooner than everyone expected.

"Ok. All ready. Sara you ready to go?"

"Yeah, sure. Can one of you guys drive us to school?"

All the guys' hands shot up in the sky. 

"Ok, you all can take us."

We all laughed a bit and we were on our way. 

It didn't take us so long to get there about 15 minutes or so. In the car, we jammed out to music, talked about everything and had a lot of fun. I sat next to Felix and Sara sat next to OG. Nick sat next to Oscar and Tommy was up front with Omar. 

"Are you sure you are ok to go to school?" Felix whispered in my ear.

"To be honest. I don't know, all I do know is that I have finals this week and I need to take those then I will stay in the hospital for as long as you want me to until we move to Sweden." I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek which made him smile. 

I started to think about life in Sweden. Omar would be my brother, Nick would live with Oscar, and I will be with Felix. I would have to leave Sara and Tommy behind as well as my other friends from school and sports. 

We got to school at around 7:15 and classes start at 7:45. We parked the car and went to the office. 

The secretary must not have been in today because someone else was in her seat. 

"Um hello? I am Emily."

"Oh yes Emily. You are the talk amongst the teachers. You okay to be here?"

"Yes I have my note for you."

"Had to come back for finals huh?"

"Yes."

"Well you only have four more days left."

"Yep."

"Well have a good day."

Sara and I walked out of there and meet up the guys at the base of the stairs. 

"Ok. Now you guys have to go."

"No you need to eat and drink water." Felix says to me but Sara cuts in.

"I will make sure she eats food and drinks water. Don't worry. Now go."

We gave them all hugs and they were off.

"Okay so today is study day with all of our classes. You ready?

"Yeah."

But inside I'm thinking 

"No"