24. New home

Felix wiped my cheek. I guess I was crying. My mom didn't mean anything she said. I was so relieved. I mean I thought she didn't mean it when she said it, but coming from her, it meant more than anyone could ever know. I looked at Felix and kissed him.

"Thank you for taking this. It means a lot. And I want to say thank you."

"What are you thanking me for?" The most confused look came over his face.

"For saving me that day." He blushed a lot.

"Oh hey. Well that was nothing."

"That was everything. You basically saved my life, you wouldn't leave my side no matter how bitchy I got, nor what happened in my family. I love you Felix."

"I love you too Emily."

He kissed my forehead and held me close to him, sadly the bar between us kept hurting my side. So I sat up and held his hand.

"You may turn on your electronics and move about the cabin if you would like." The captain said on the intercom.

I looked around hoping to see my new brother, and old one. I saw Nick with Oscar, looking through old baby photos and telling old war stories about each other, laughing. Seeing Nick smile, made me smile. The past few weeks have been hard on him, and I'm glad he now had Oscar to be there for him.

Then my eyes follow the noise of two crazy teenage boys singing to some songs. Felix followed my gaze. The stewardess came over to them and asked them politely to keep their voices down, though they were great singers. We all started laughing. Olly and Omar looked over at Felix and I dying of laughter. Omar got out of his seat and walked over to us.

"Hey Felix, can I talk to my sister?"

"Yeah bro. No problem." He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and sat next to Olly. Omar took Felix's seat.

"So, whats up sis?" Omar said to me. It was so weird to hear him call me sis.

"I know right." I heard him say, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Did I say that outloud?" Omar nodded his head, trying not to laugh. I covered my face with my hands, hiding the embarrassment on my face.

"Hey I'm your brother now. It's my job to embarrass the shit out of you." We were both laughing at this point. My stomach started to hurt from laughing so much. My eyes drifted to a passenger that was a few seats behind us on the other side of the plane. He was staring at me. I felt like daggers were piercing me through his eyes. It made me feel uncomfortable. I turn back to Omar.

"Hey do you see that guy over there?" Using my head to notion where he is. Omar looks up and nods his head.

"Is he looking at us?" I said him nervously, for some reason. He nods his head again.

"He looks familiar. I just can't remember where." Omar finally said. I agreed with him. Where had we seen him before?

I look back over my seat once more. He was still looking at me, as if he knew me. A small smile curled on the corner of his lips. It was the weirdest feeling. He looked down at his phone and typed something into his phone, like a text or something. He finishes whatever he was typing, looks to me, and waves his phone. My phone goes off. I had just gotten a text.

? - You are even more beautiful than when I was beating you outside your school or when I rammed your car.

I looked up at where he was, but he wasn't there anymore. I looked frantically around the plane for him.

"Emily? What's going on?" Omar was freaking out cause I was. I showed him the text. He started to freak out as well. He called the stewardess over and showed her the text as well, describing the man we saw. She couldn't find him either. She started to freak out. She walked to the cockpit, opened the door, walked in. The door closed behind her. Felix, Oscar, and Olly saw our faces. They came over too to find out what was going on. We tried to keep Nick out of it for as long as we can. Hopefully that would be forever.

the stewardess came out of the cockpit ad walked calmly toward us.

"Please take you seats. We should be arriving in Sweden very soon." She leaned in closer to us. "The authorities are waiting for you when we land. You will be put in protective custody." She gave us a smile and we all took our seats. Felix sat next to me and Omar and Olly were across from us.

"How old are you?" the stewardess asked me.

"I just turned 17, in May." I said with a shaky voice.

"Why would someone want to hurt you? Where is your family?"

"Um. I was recently adopted. My parents died within weeks of each other. My dad died in a car crash and my mom died of cancer."

"Oh. My condolences. No one should go through that at your age. If you don't mind me asking, the text you received. It said "when I was beating you outside your school"?

"Uh yeah. Someone, or him, we don't know who, tried to rape me or so. He beat me up pretty badly but thankfully Felix," I snuggled my arm in his," saved me and called 911. He hasn't left my side since." I looked into his eyes. He hated to hear me talk about it, just because he knew it hurt me just as much to say it.

"Aww. Well that's one interesting way to met someone.But you have found yourself a keeper. Don't let him go."

"I won't." I gave Felix a quick peck on the cheek. The stewardess smiled and walked to her seat.

~~~~~~~

We should be landing soon, 15 minutes more or so.

Felix and I had taken another nap until we were awoken by the captain telling us that we were close and we would be landing soon. The seatbelt sign was turned on too. I continued to sleep but Felix, my pillow, left to the bathroom.

I sat in my seat alone, falling back asleep. I would occasionally look out the window, fe eling the vibrations of the plane from my head against the wall. Someone sat back down, I assumed it was Felix and just ignored him. I really shouldn't have.

A hand clasped my mouth and nose, I couldn't breath. I tried to squirm but they held me down. Everything started to get fuzzy, and I hurt all over. I gave up fighting and fell asleep.