14. The After Party

As I ran to the bathroom, Sara and Tommy saw me and ran after me. Tommy of course could not go in the women's bathroom so he waited outside. Sara followed me into the bathroom. I ran into a stall and started to ball my eyes out. I could hear Sara pounding on the door, asking me to come out of there. 

"Emily! Please come out. What is wrong? Please?"

I haven't told Sara about what happened to me. 

"Go to Tommy and tell him to tell you!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Go. Please. I can't explain it."

I heard her go out the door. I sat there just crying. 

How could Felix do this to me? After what I have been through? He kissed my friend. How could he? I heard the door open again. I thought it was Sara. 

"Did he tell you?"

Who ever it was remained silent. 

"Sara please talk to me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about what happened to me."

Silence. I decided to come out and confornt whoever was there. 

I walked out to find Kelly. 

"What happened to you?"

"Leave me alone Kelly."

"What happened to you? You can tell me."

"You kissed my boyfriend!"

I saw shame come across her face. 

"How did you know?"

"I saw you kiss him as they were singing Happy Birthday to Sara and I. How could you?"

"I did not know. He didn't stop me kissing him. Emily I'm sorry."

I walked out to see Tommy and Sara standing by the door. 

"Emily! I am so sorry!!"

She gave me a huge hug and Tommy followed close behind her. 

OG came out from the party room.

"Emily? There you are. Felix has been looking for you. Sara? Whats wrong?"

I walked away with Tommy while Sara talked to OG. I do not know what they talked about. Tommy and I went for a walk around the country club. 

"Emily are you ok?"

"No. I put all my faith and my heart to him. He made out with my best friend. I don't know who to trust."

"You can trust me and Sara. You know that. "

"Tommy, trusting is hard. Please don't ask me to do anything I don't want to."

Tommy took my face in his hands. He pulled me close to him. I looke dinto his eyes and saw someone I didn't know. This person I did not like entirely. 

i got up as fast as I could and ran to the party room. Stupid move of me. I ran into Felix on the way there. 

"Emily. We need to talk. Please."

"What is there to talk about?"

"You have been avoiding me and its your party. You're not having any fun are you?"

"Why would I when my boyfriend made out with my best friend at my birthday party. Just days after I was attacked. The doctor was right I should have stayed at the hospital. Somewhere I will go soon enough."

I could see Felix's expression on his face crushed. 

"Emily I am so sorry. I didn't know that you friend would do that. Please you must understand. Emily."

He came towards me to hug me but I walked away. I called my mom and asked her to take me back to the hopsital. 

She came only a few minutes later. I hugged and started to cry. 

My mom was dying, I was attacked and I stitches that could come undone anytime, my boyfriend cheated on me with my bets friend, and Tommy tried to kiss me. I just wanted to be with my mom. 

We drove to the hopsital. I checked in and my doctor found me. 

"Emily? What are you doing back here so early? You weren't suppose to come until tomorrow? Did something happen at the party?"

"The party, this week. I just needed to be away from everyone and just be with mom."

"Ok. Lets go."

We go back to the room that I had. I changed my clothes into my hospital gown. I sat on my bed, just fiddeling with my fingers. My mom had to go to an appointment and I just wanted to be alone. I shut the door, shut my eyes and cried every tear I had left.