Chapter 3: An Apple Scarecrow

In the Land of Oz:

Twilight continues to walk down the yellow dirt road. She isn't sure how long her trip to the Crystal City will be, but she knows that it will be a long journey. Twilight finds herself at a forest with a lot of apple practically every apple there ever is, including zap apples. She stops at one of the Zap Apples trees and decides to grab herself a snack.

Twilight amazingly says, "Wow! These apples are amazing!"

"Yep. The best ones in all of Oz," A female country voices comes out of nowhere.

"Who said that?" Twilight asks as she looks around trying to find the source of the voice.

"I'm over here," The voice replies.

Twilight looks to where the voice comes from and surprise to see who is talking. The voice is coming from a scarecrow who looks just like Applejack. The Applejack scarecrow is sitting on top of the branch in a red delicious apple tree.

Twilight is surprised to see the pony looking like her honest pony friends.

Twilight surprisingly says, "Applejack!"

"Applejack? Who is this Applejack?" the being looking like Applejack replies sounding confused.

Then she comes down the tree and is going to continue to buck more apple from the tree. Twilight is more shocked to see that the pony who looks like Applejack is actually a scarecrow and from the outfit she is wearing the same scarecrow costume from Nightmare Night. Twilight is surprised that her friend Applejack is a real scarecrow and that she is a walking talking on too.

"You can talk!" Twilight surprisingly says.

"Of course I can talk. Can scarecrows talk where you're from?" the scarecrow says as she starts to hit the apple trees with her back legs.

"No," Twilight says feeling a bit surprised.

"Oh!" the scarecrow replies sounding surprised.

Twilight decides to ignore the awkward conversation and decides to introduce herself to the scarecrow.

Twilight politely says, "My name is Twilight Sparkle."

"Nice to meet you Twilight Sparkle. Name's Apple Crow," Applecrow says with a smile.

Twilight and Apple Crow shake their hoof and are glad to meet each other.

After their hoof shake, Apple Crow asks, "So where are you heading on this nice day?"

"I'm going to the Crystal City to see the powerful Wizard of Oz. I'm hoping he can help me find my way back to Canterlot," Twilight answers.

"The Crystal City huh. You'll love it. It has to be one of the largest place in Oz," Apple Crow replies.

Twilight nods her head and says, "I never been there before, but I'm hoping that the wizard can help me."

Apple Crow arch her eyebrow with a confused look on her face and questionably says, "Help you?"

Twilight makes a sad look on her face and answers, "Yes. I want to go back home and the good witch Celeste said that the Wizard can help me."

Apple Crow can tell that Twilight really want to get back home, but she also know that the Crystal city is very far away from the apple trees.

"Sounds like you have a long journey ahead of you," Apple Crow says.

Then Apple Crow has an idea since Twilight mentions the wizard.

Then Apple Crow says, "Say, you don't mind if I come with you."

"Sure I don't mind. Do you want to ask the wizard something?" Twilight says with delight.