Chapter 5: The Shy Lion

Twilight Sparkle, Tin Rainbow, and Apple Crow are on the trail to the Crystal City. Earlier they have their breakfast, clean the house, make some food for the trip, and packed some supplies. They leave the house and walk down the road in search for the wizard. Around late in the morning, Twilight and her friends are walking down the road.

"It sure was nice breakfast you made," Twilight says.

"Yeah. I love toast with zap apple jam," Tin Rainbow says with glee.

"So girls, how long will it take to get to the city," Twilight asks.

"It might take another two days or so to reach the city," Apple Crow answers.

"So we still have a long journey ahead of them," Tin Rainbow adds.

As the girls walk down the yellow dirt road, a rustle of the leaves and bushes catches Twilight's attention. Twilight turns to where the she hears the noise, but no one is where the bushes are.

Twilight starts to look around and worriedly asks,"Did you hear that?"

"What?" Tin Rainbow says confusedly.

"I thought I heard something," Twilight replies looking around.

The girls look around to see if there anyone following them but there's nothing.

Apple Crow says, "There's nopony here."

Twilight shrugs her shoulders and says, "Must've been my imagination."

With that, the girls continue to walk down the road. That is, until they hear more rustles in the bushes along with a mysterious shadowy figure running across the bushes.

Apple Crow scaredly asks, "What was that?!"

"Okay who is following us and you better come out right now," Tin Rainbow demands.

Just then a shadow creature climbs on a giant rock. The girls can tell it walks on four and has very shadow hair all over it's neck. The girls are starting get scared and worried about the creature is standing before them. They can tell that this creature is the king of all cats and one of the meanest predators.

"Is that a... a..." Tin Rainbow studdrrs in fear seeing the animal.

Twilight scaredly screams, "A Lion!"

The girls are paralyzed in fear when the lion comes up to them. They are afraid the lion is going to attack them.

The girls horrorly screams in terror, "Aaaahhhh!"

They are so afraid that the lion is coming towards them.

Just then the lion quietly says, "Roar!"

"Huh!" The girls says sounding confused.

"Roar!" The lion quietly says again.

The girls look to see the lion isn't scary at all. In fact, she looks very sweet, kind, and really shy. The lion is light yellow, with a pink mane, a light yellow tail with a pink fur on the end and whiskers. The lion also has teal like eyes and has a butterfly hair clip.

The lion shyly asks, "Um, did I scare you?"

"Well, we were scared, until we heard you roar," Tin Rainbow says sounding confused.

The lion feels guilty about scaring them and says, "Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's alright," Apple Crow replies with a smile.

Twilight and her friends can see that the lion feels bad about scaring them. Twilight decides to go introduce herself and her friend to the shy little lion.