CHAPTER 33

Guddan: 24, 35, 46, 57, 68....... uhhh.... Jindal Sahab ham galat counting kar rahe hai kya?

She lifted her head which was till then resting on his shoulder as they sat on the ground. She was counting the stars on the sky while he was busy watching the exquisite beauty next to him. She looked at him with half closed eyes and twitched eyebrows. He immediately shook his head and smiled at her as he didn't want to mess with her in this condition of hers.

AJ: Tum bilkul sahi counting kar rahi ho.

Guddan: Achha? To hamne to 68 tak counting ki thi, lekin yahaan to kitne kam stars hai. Aisa kyun?

AJ: Kyunki baadal ne aa kar unko chhupa diya.

Guddan: Baadal kyun aa rahe hai?

AJ: Baarish padne wali hai shayad isiliye aa rahe hai.

She screamed in excitement while he was afraid if his words would come true. He didn't want it to happen especially when she was not in her senses.

Guddan: To ab tak baarish kyun nahi huyi hai? Rain rain come early, Little Guddan wants to play!!!

She started reciting her newly made rhyme making AJ to pray internally not wanting her prayers to be accepted.

AJ: Lekin mujhe baarish nahi chahiye.

He regretted saying it aloud witnessing her reaction. She stood up and glared at him placing her hands on either side of her hip. He gulped nervously looking at her angry form.

Guddan: Hamne aapse poocha kya ki aapko baarish chahiye ya nahi? Aap na itne saalon baad bhi waise hi boring insaan hai. Aur honge bhi kyun nahi umar jo badhti jaa rahi hai aapki. Matlab pehle to akdu, khadoos, sadu, boring the hi lekin ab bhi wahi hai. Kuchh badlaav nahi aaya na aap me?

He frowned at the choice of her words to describe him.

Guddan: Achha, aap ek baat bataiye hame. Kya aap boodhe hone ki acting ke saath saath ye khadoos hone ki bhi acting karte the ya phir aapka nature hi yehi hai?

She asked sitting back and placing her elbow on his shoulder making him look at her with annoyance.

Guddan: Aise kyun dekh rahe hai hame? Hame lagta tha ki poore Indore me ek ham hi hai jo first class acting kar lete hai lekin jab hame aapka real age pata chala na, ham to...... aise ho gaye the.

She exclaimed shockingly by half sprawling on the road but he held her arm and pulled her towards himself before she could completely lay on the road.

Guddan: Kya? Aise shock mat hoiye. Matlab aapki acting dekh kar hame andaza hi nahi hua tha ki aap 29 ke hai, hame to lagta tha aap 92 ke honge.

She started laughing hysterically looking at his face which expressed mixed emotions - confusion, shock, annoyance and a slight hint of anger. But all his emotions faded looking at her hearty laugh which replaced his mixed expression with a smile on his face.

His smile was short lived as his fear came true when he felt some drops of rain water on him. Guddan immediately stood up spreading her arms excitedly smiling to enjoy rain facing towards the sky. AJ held her arm asking her to get in the car worrying as she may get drenched.

Guddan: No, no, no. Ham yehi rahenge.

She spread her arms enjoying the drizzle with closed eyes, smiling heartily.

AJ (in mind): Sirf aaj meri help kar dijiye, Bhagwaan ji, please.

Her smile slowly vanished as she couldn't feel the drizzle anymore. The rain didn't even started completely, it was just drizzling but now it ended before she could enjoy the rain. AJ smiled as his prayers were answered. Guddan opened her eyes and found AJ smiling which enraged her. She angrily sat on the bonnet of the car resting her back on the windshield of the car, crossing her arms on her chest, taking deep breaths to calm her anger and not to lash out on him. Sensing her anger, he stood next to her and held her hand trying to ask her to get off the car at which she yanked his hand away.