Chapter 34

Guddan: Suhaag raat!

This was it!!! He just wanted to bury himself thousands of feet deep inside the ground but not before narrating it to all her conscious form.

Guddan: Aapko pata hai na hamara sapna tha ki hamare Suhaag raat me hamare pati, aise hamara ghoonghat uthayenge aur hame pyaar se dekhenge aur ham sharm se laal ho jaayenge..... lekin hamare saath to aisa hua hi nahi isiliye ye ab hoga. Ab jaldi se hamne jo bhi kaha hai aap karenge.

She placed her scarf on her head and pulled it down to cover her face and use it as a veil.

AJ had enough of everything. His anger was building and he just wanted to shout at her for doing all this nonsense but he couldn't, atleast not in this condition of hers. He took deep breaths to calm himself and looked at her who was expectantly waiting for any action from him.

He removed her scarf and made her look at him by cupping her cheeks.

AJ: Guddan, listen, ye sab bohot ho gaya ab tum so jaao, bohot thak gayi hogi na.

Guddan: Nahi.... abhi to....

AJ: Chup! Mai kab se tumhari har ek baat maan raha hun aur tum meri ek baat bhi nahi maan sakti. Maine kaha so jaao, bas.

Guddan: Lekin.....

AJ: Thik hai nahi manna hai tumhe meri baat to mai chala jaata hun. Tumhe yahaan jis kisi ke saath rehna hai tum reh sakti ho. Bye!

He turned to leave from there and he really wanted to leave as he couldn't bear all these anymore but Guddan moved towards him and hugged him suddenly stopping him from leaving her behind.

Guddan: I am Sorry! Bohot pareshaan karte hai na ham aapko. Ab ham bilkul bhi kuchh nahi kahenge. Aap jo kahenge ham wahi karenge lekin aap please hame chhod kar mat jaaiye. Hame bohot dar lagta hai jab bhi aap hamare saath nahi hote hai to. Hame bilkul bhi achha nahi lagta aapke bina. Aap please hamare saath rahiye.

Her hug tightened with every sentence as she feared losing him. He wrapped one arm around her waist and the other caressed her hairs calming her down. He was taken aback by her words. He never knew he meant so much to her.

AJ: I am Sorry too. Mai kahin nahi jaa raha hun tumhe chhod kar.

She breathed in relief and hugged him tighter if that was even possible. They stayed in that position for a while until AJ realised that she was really asleep. He picked her in his arms and laid her on the back seat of the car. Seeing her rubbing her arms feeling cold and loosing his warmth, he removed his coat and wrapped it around her. She snuggled into it feeling his warmth and a smile played on her lips feeling him closer to her. He removed the hair strands which were falling on her face due to the breeze and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Closing the door, he settled himself on the driver's seat and reclined back closing his eyes as a smile played on his lips remembering her antics.

_____________________________________

Guddan woke up with her head bursting with pain and her throat dried up like a water body in the desert. She sat on the seat and looked around trying to remember the last night's happenings. She found his coat on her body. She wore it not wanting to let it away from herself. She got out of the car only to find AJ at a distance looking at his phone with a serious look on his face. She walked up to him quietly being nervous fearing if she did anything that would have angered him as she didn't remember anything of her doings.

As soon as she reached near him, she cleared her throat trying to gain his attention but he clearly ignored her. He walked to his car and she followed him not knowing what else to do as she had no idea about anything.