Chapter 24

Guddan woke up from her sleep late in the morning and realized that it was already time that she should be in her office. She immediately freshens up and was leaving the house while everyone were having breakfast.

Lakshmi: Guddan, breakfast to kar lo!

Guddan: Time nahi hai Lakshmi ji!

She yelled and left the house hurriedly.

Vardaan: Mishti, ek baar tum keh deti to wo naashta kar leti na, kal raat ko dinner bhi nahi kiya tha usne.

Mishti: Maine kaha na mai unse baat nahi karungi, to jaaye unko jahaan jana hai. Aur Mumma, aaj aap mera admission kara do, unke paas to mere liye time hi nahi hai.

Saying that she angrily left the dining table and went to her room.

JINDAL RESTAURANT,
GUDDAN'S CABIN,

AJ: Ye Guddan kahaan reh gayi?? Abhi tak to aa jana chahiye tha, meeting ke liye late ho raha hai.

All the staff associated with the meeting were in her cabin waiting for her to show up so that they could attend the meeting after taking the bag which AJ gave her last day to keep it in her locker.

Guddan was breathing heavily and opened the door of her cabin and was shocked to see her colleagues in her cabin with AJ angrily glancing at his wrist watch every now and then. He sees her and moves towards her and she started breathing deeply to relax herself.

AJ: Ye koi time hai office aane ka?

He yelled at her and she shut her eyes tight in fear.

AJ: And where the hell is your damn phone???

She opened her eyes and looked at him who was angrily looking at her. She immediately looked away and started searching for her phone in her bag.

AJ: Speak up!!!

Guddan: Wo...wo phone charging ke liye rakha tha...aur wahin bh..bhool gaye.

AJ: This is how careless you are!!!

He yelled at her and tears pooled up in her eyes and she was trying hard to control them.

AJ: Yahaan khadi kyun ho? Jaa kar locker kholo aur bag nikal kar do mujhe.

She nodded and went towards the locker but her mind was blank as she wasn't able to remember the pin she used to lock it. She tried to unlock it using some combinations but it wasn't unlocking.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes which made him worried about her but he didn't wanted to show it. He goes towards her and asks in his cold tone.

AJ: Kya hua?

Guddan: Wo...hame pin yaad nahi aa raha hai.

AJ: Kya??? Tum pin bhool gayi? Dimaag thik hai ya nahi tumhara? Ek to itne der se ham tumhare aane ka wait kar rahe the aur ab jab tum aa gayi to tumhe is locker ka pin hi nahi yaad hai. Great, just great!!!

AJ: Keerthi, Mr. Sinha se keh do ki aaj meeting nahi ho sakti.

Keerthi: Ok, sir!

AJ (to Guddan): Ho gaya tumhara? Ya aur kuchh karna baaki hai? Tumhari wajah se aaj meeting bhi cancel karna pad gaya.

Guddan: I am sorry!

She said in a whisper not able to speak because of her guilt and the tears she was holding not wanting to cry.

AJ: Kya karun tumhare sorry ka? Usse paise bahar nikal jayenge? Ek pin yaad nahi rakh sakti tum? Agar nahi rakh sakti thi to mujhe to bata deti, mai to tumhaare saath hi tha na.