Chapter 11

~10.07.2020

JINDAL RESTAURANT,

A girl gets out of the car and rushes through the gate pacing up her speed and almost stumbling all her way to reach a room. She finally reaches and stands out of the room making herself presentable by setting her messed up hair and taking deep breaths to control her uneven breathing because of the little marathon she had. She knocks on the door and asks for permission to get in.

Guddan: Excuse me sir, May I come in?

AJ: Come in!

He answered her even without glancing a look at her. She entered the cabin and stood infront of his desk facing him.

AJ: You are 6 minutes and 47 seconds late, Miss Gupta.

Guddan: Huh?

AJ: Yes, you heard it right.

Guddan (in her mind): Is Mishti ki bachhi ko to ham chhodenge nahi. Sab usi ki wajah se hua hai. Aise zid kar rahi thi jaise hamare haath ke bane huye muffins ke bina uski subah nahi hoti. Aur yahaan uske khadoos Dada hamari class lenge.

AJ: I forgive you as it's your first day.

Guddan(thinking): Did I even ask for an apology?
(To AJ): Sorry sir, It won't be repeated.

AJ: It would be better. So, get on to your work now. From this moment you are my PA.

Guddan: WHAAAT!!???

AJ: Yes, Ms. Gupta. 

Guddan: But sir I am here only for the company's.......

AJ: I know very well and that's what I am saying. You are my PA only for this project. You will be assisting me for the meetings, site works and all other stuffs related to this project and not for any other work related to my restaurant or something else. Is that clear?

Guddan: Yes sir.

Just then someone knocks on the door and AJ permits him.

AJ: Satish, I have asked to shift your things to Rajesh's cabin as he will not be here for few months. And Miss Gupta, your cabin is left to mine.

Satish: But sir,.....

AJ: Is there anything yet to be decided coz I have already decided everything.

Satish: No sir.

AJ: So, start your work.

He nods and leaves the cabin not before glancing towards Guddan which made her uncomfortable.

AJ: Miss Gupta, Make each and every file of this project ready.

Guddan: But....

AJ: I know you would say, "Ki aap ke paas to pehle se hi sab hai". I know all that. Saare files tumhare table par rakhe huye hai. Make sure the information which we have and which is with the other company is the same and correct.

Guddan (thinking): Ab jab inhe sab pata hi hai to ham kya kahein.
(To AJ): Ok sir.

She leaves to her cabin.

GUDDAN'S CABIN,

Guddan enters her cabin and goes to her desk. She sees everything present there. It was as if it was already kept prepared for her. And then her gaze falls on something which was shining. She picks it up and immediately a smile appears on her face. It was a mini idol of Lord Krishna. She took the blessings and kept it back on its place. She sat on her chair and prayed for a better day from today as she would be working without Vardaan and moreover that she has to work with AJ. She started doing all her work with complete concentration and dedication. Soon, it was break time but she didn't realised and continued doing her work but was disturbed by a knock on her cabin's door. He was AJ'S peon, she permitted him. He entered with a tray in his hands.