Chapter 7

~07.06.2020

Mishti: Di, ab mujhe slide par jana hai.

She gets up from the swing and hurries towards the slide where the other children were playing.

Guddan: Mishti, aaram se. Chot lag jayegi.

Mishti: Tum ho na, to kuchh nahi hoga mujhe.

Guddan: Ye ladki bhi na. Koi superwoman nahi hun mai.

Mishti: Mere liye to meri Di super duper hai.

As it was Sunday evening, they came to the neighborhood park which was small but fully equipped for children's fun and morning and evening walks. Lakshmi and Vardaan were lousily having a walk around the park, so Guddan decided to be with Mishti and give them their couple time. Just then, she receives a phone call. As there were giggles and screams of children around, she needed some free space to receive the call.

Guddan: Mishti, chalo mai tumhe Mummy Papa ke paas chhod deti hun.

Mishti: Nahi Di, mujhe aur khelna hai. Please thodi der aur.

Guddan: Mishti, hame phone receive karna hai. Abhi please chalo baad me aate hai na.

Mishti: Di, please na.

Guddan: Thik hai, tum yehi rehna. Kahin mat jana mai 2 minute me waapas aaungi. Tum yehin par rahogi kahin nahi jaogi.

Mishti: Ok, thank you.

Guddan: Kahin mat jana, yehi rehna.

Mishti: Ok, jao tum.

Guddan goes near the entrance gate as it was some peace there. It took more than 5 minutes for the call. On the other side, Mishti felt bored after sliding down for 'n' no.of times. So she started looking for Guddan all around the park but she couldn't find her. She roamed all around the park and ended up at the exit gate. There were no guards present there. She thought that it's the way to get out and find Guddan but she could only see an endless road with few vehicles moving and nothing else.

Mishti: Di, kahaan ho tum??

No response came. She was afraid not to find anyone, neither her Di nor her parents. She regretted the moment she declined going with Guddan and not being at the same place as Guddan instructed. But it was too late to regret. She started crying and walked lazily on the streets. She didn't even remember the route which goes to her house. She sat on the bench present at the end of the road and started crying.

________________________________

Guddan came back to the place she left her but she couldn't find her. She asks some of the ladies present with their children about her but she gained no positive response. She looks all around the park for her but couldn't find her. She called Lakshmi and asked her to meet her. They both came hurriedly to her.

Guddan: Mishti aap logon ke paas bhi nahi aayi?

Vardaan: Nahi.

Guddan: Hamne use kaha tha ki wo yahin ruke lekin jab ham waapas aaye to wo nahi thi.

Lakshmi: Ek baar ham poore park me dhundhte hai na.

Guddan: Hamne har jagah dekh liya wo kahin nahi hai. Hamari hi galti hai hame use aise chhod kar nahi jana chahiye tha.

Vardaan: Abhi ye sab baatein karne ka koi fayda nahi hai. Pehle hame use dhundhna hoga. Wo pehli baar Indore aayi hai, use to koi bhi raasta pata nahi hoga.

Lakshmi: Lekin agar wo park me nahi hai to kahaan gayi.

Vardaan: Shayad wo gate se bahar chali gayi ho.