Chapter 1 - Kneel

You walk along with your family down the cobblestone streets of Germany. Up ahead you see your younger sister talking animatedly to your mom, probably about some random fact she read in a magazine. Right behind them is your younger brother, who keeps shouting at your dad to not step on the cracks, which is nearly impossible unless you commit to jumping around like a maniac. You look around and enjoy the sights and smells, when suddenly, up ahead, you see a crowd rushing out of a building, coming straight towards your family pod.

"Uh mom, what's going on up there?" You all cluster together as the sea of people surround you.

"I don't know, everyone just hold hands and stay close." But as she says this, you look around and recognize where you are. And just as it happens in your brain, Loki, dressed in full battle armor, steps out of the building. He splits into a bunch of phantom versions of himself and surrounds the crowd.

"Kneel before me." He says. No one does anything, everyone is still in shock.

"I said kneel!" He shouts. And so you all get on your knees. Internally you smile because the speech coming up next is one of your personal favorites, and so as he says the first lines, you recite them by heart in your brain.

"Is this not simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity. That you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity."

As Loki's speaking, you prepare yourself for what comes next, and formulate your own plan to make your life waaay more exciting. You whisper to your parents "Mom and Dad, I'm about to do something that might seem crazy, but you have to trust me. No matter what, don't stop me." They look at you confused, just as Loki finishes his speech.

"In the end, you will always kneel." After he says this, you know it's time for you to act.

You stand and say in what you hope sounds like a cool and not scared or squeaky voice; "Not to men like you." Your mom pulls at your pant leg, telling you to kneel back on the ground, but you look down at her and shake your head.

Loki looks surprised, but still confident, as he responds "There are no men like me."

In your head you want to agree with him, but you know the next line you have to say. "There are always men like you."

Now Loki looks irritated, and for a moment you are worried, but you keep trusting in how the story goes. "Look to your youth people, let her be an example" as he points his badass glowing staff at you. You smile and stare him straight in the eyes.

Just as he is about to shoot at you, you feel a body jump in front of you and hear the blast ricochet off metal. You peek over Cap's shoulder to see Loki crouched over. Ouch you think to yourself, that must've hurt.

Then, Captain America speaks. "You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

Loki stands and smiles in a cute but also maniacal way. "The soldier. The man out of time."

Captain America responds with a slightly cheesy but mostly clever "I'm not the one who's out of time."

You prep yourself for your next move, knowing you'll have to be fast and agile, two traits you rarely possess. And just like it happens in your head, a plane like aircraft appears in the sky and you hear the voice of Black Widow. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."

Loki points his spear at the ship and shoots it but misses. Captain America throws his shield at Loki and is about to run towards him when you lunge forward and grab him by the waist from behind. He's surprised, and in that one instance, you spin him around and knee him in the crotch. He bends over in pain, and you kick him again in the chest.

All the while, Loki is just watching you fascinated. You go in for a punch to the neck, but this time Cap is ready. He grabs your hand, pushes you to the side, and runs at Loki. They fight, and you prepare for what will happen next.

You hear music playing and run out, right into the spot you know Iron Man will try to shoot. He flies closer and is about to fire when he sees you. You smile and wink at him, then run forward and stab a rock you picked up earlier that day into his arc reactor. Surprisingly, it actually breaks something and his suit starts to power off. He gets out of it and looks you over, all while Captain America and Loki are fighting in the background.

Tony sighs. "Kid, just move out of the way and don't make me hurt you."

"If we're being completely honest with each other, I don't want to get hurt by you. I just wanted to distract you long enough that Loki could make a run for it." Tony turns around to see Loki running towards a car. When his back is completely turned to you, you jump up and wrap your arm around his neck.

"Nat!" He yells, and she jumps out of the plane, lands next to Loki, and holds a gun to his head. You release Tony because it would suck if he died unnecessarily, and step back, with your hands above your head. As you are ushered into the plane, you turn around and look at your family.

"I'm gonna be fine guys." You shout at them. "I'll see you soon." You go into the plane and sit down, the full realization of what you just did hitting you. Gosh that was crazy. But even though I helped, the main story didn't change. That means I willingly just joined the side of a war I know will lose. At least I'll get to meet all of the Avengers.