Chapter 3 - Therapy

You are falling through the dark sky, the wind whistling through your ears. Then you land hard, with a loud thump. "C'mon! Gosh darn it! I am not a freaking god so you cannot pull me out of a plane to fall to the ground! It's soooo lucky we landed on this hard, rocky mountain because gods forbid we land somewhere soft and squishy! I could've died and then where would the world be?" Thor looks mildly concerned and he uses his hammer to break the handcuffs binding you and Loki together.

Loki gets up and Thor turns to him, any attention for your well-being lost. "Where is the tesseract?"

Loki smiles and lets out a short laugh. "I missed you too." You sigh. This is going to be a long conversation. But maybe I can help speed it up.

Thor looks angrily at Loki. "Do I look to be in a gaming mood?" You smile at that, honestly someone should put it on a t-shirt.

"You should thank me." Says Loki. "With the bifrost gone, how much energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth."

Thor grabs Loki by the neck and you decide to step in. "Um hey guys, just checking in, it doesn't seem like this brotherly chat is going very well and I think I could be of some assistance."

Thor looks at Loki. "Who is this?"

"Oh, I'm-" you respond.

But Loki interrupts. "This is (y/n). She helped me fight the soldier and the man of iron." You're surprised he remembered your name. It seemed like he was off in his own world during the plane ride but I guess he was paying attention.

"So." You speak, thinking of all that you've learned in your psychology class in college. "Thor, I sense that there is something Loki did in the past that hurt you. Could you share what it is?" Of course you already know about how Loki chose to let go of the pole thing he was holding onto, but you want to hear it from Thor.

"He misled us. All of us on Asgard. I thought him dead. We all mourned. Our father-" Thor spoke.

Loki interrupts again. "Your father. He did tell you my true parentage did he not?"

You speak again. "Loki, I'm sensing that you feel resentment about being a Frost Giant."

"How did you-" he looks at you with a questioning face.

"Shush, and let me finish. How does knowing that about yourself make you feel about your time in the palace?"

Loki looks sad. "I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of Thor's greatness. I remember him tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king."

Now it's your turn again. "So Loki, I take it you want to be king of Earth right?" He nods. "Thor, tell Loki how you feel about that."

"You take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No. The Earth is under my protection. You think yourself above the Midgardians and you miss the truth of ruling. The throne would suit you ill." Thor starts to get worked up until you wave your hand in a silencing motion.

"Ok Loki," you say, "now you respond."

"I've seen worlds you've never known about. I have grown, Odinson, in my exile. I have seen the true power of the tesseract and when I wield it-"

Thor interrupts this time. "Who showed you this power? Who controls who would be king?"

"Ok guys, chill down." You say. But you can already tell this is past your control, and resign to relaxing and watching.

Loki yells. "I am a king!"

Thor yells back. "Not here! You give up the tesseract, you give up this pointless dream." Ouch. You think. Pointless is not a very nice word. "You come home."

Now Loki looks like his trickster self again. "I don't have it. You need the cube to bring me home but I've sent it off I know not where."

You realize another great line is coming up and prepare to say it in your head. "Listen well brother-" Thor says before being pushed off the mountain by Iron Man.

"I'm listening." You and Loki both say it at the same time and he looks at you funny. You just shrug and turn away. Internally you are kicking yourself. Why did I have to say that out loud? I was just supposed to think it not speak it. Ugh.