Chapter 18 - More Escaping

When you wake up, the bed seems empty. You squint around and pat where you thought Loki was sleeping, but all you feel is mattress. Yawning, you stretch and get out of the bed. You walk blearily to the bathroom and open the door.

Inside you hear water running, but you are still covered in a blanket of sleep and think nothing of it. After brushing your teeth and splashing some water on your face you are finally awake and then it dawns on you.

You take a look in the mirror and behind you see the shower running, Loki inside. "Sorry!" You squeak. "Sorry sorry sorry!" You run out of the bathroom and go back to the bed where it's warm.

In a few minutes, Loki walks out in a towel. You sit up and look at him, trying to avoid staring at his chiseled abs. "I am so so sorry."

He chuckles, and with a flick of his wrist, changes into everyday clothes. You go into the bathroom, making sure to lock the door, and change.

You come back out and take a good look at the room, the messiness of it hitting you for the first time. "We should get this cleaned up."

Loki looks over his shoulder from where he's sitting on the couch. "Let it be, the servants can clean it up once we escape."

"Escape?" You ask. "I wasn't aware we were escaping."

"Well of course." He furrows his brow. "What did you expect? I'm not going to sit here for all of eternity doing nothing."

Heh. You think. Escaping may come sooner than you think. And just on cue, you hear the thomping of feet coming from down the hall, footsteps that could only be Thor's.

Loki waves his hand and while you see nothing change, you assume it's the illusion Loki projects to make everything seem normal.

Finally Thor's face comes into view. "Brother. Lady (y/n). I trust you are doing well?" He booms.

You go and sit next to Loki on the couch. "Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?" He sneers.

Thor sighs and does a 'hun please' face. "Loki enough. No more illusions."

Loki sighs and waves his hand. You assume Thor is now seeing the messy real version of your cell. You sit up a little straighter and wave.

Thor smiles and waves back. Loki glares. "Now you see me brother." Thor takes a step closer and you stand up from the couch and go into the bathroom. As you close the door you hear Loki ask "Did she suffer?"

Inside you open all the cupboards, looking for a bag. Finally you find a nice sturdy backpack, and you start filling it with essentials. Clothes, a blanket, a couple of bottles of water. Sadly there's no food for you to pack so you'll have to make do.

You step back out of the bathroom to find the brothers nearly finished with their conversation. "You betray me and I will kill you." Thor growls.

Loki smirks at him. "When do we start?"

Thor is about to open the cell and take Loki with him when you clear your throat. "Ahem." They both look at you. "Yes, hello, it seems you have forgotten me again. Since you've failed to consider me in your plan, I made one of my own."

Thor makes a confused face. "I don't believe that will be necessary Lady (y/n)-"

"Nope." You interrupt. "I will come with you up until the point you leave in the ship. From there I will go into the forest and stay until you return. I am not going to Svartalfheim, that place is dusty and boring and Malekith creeps me out. I would just leave now but I want to meet Jane."

Thor is about to say something else but Loki interjects. "Don't argue brother. You won't win."

You smile at him, grab your backpack and after Thor opens the door, walk out into the hallway. You follow the two brothers down the hallway, having no idea where to go. It's fun to watch them walk in their own way, Loki strolls while Thor stomps.

Finally Loki starts to talk. " This is so unlike you brother. So clandestine."

You chuckle when he says clandestine and he looks at you. "What?" You ask. "You say it funny."

Loki raises his eyebrows and continues. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?"

Thor doesn't react. "If you keep speaking I just might." He grumbles.

"Fine." Loki huffs. "As you wish. We're not even here." He waves his hand and you look down at yourself to see a way buffer man body wearing tons of heavy armor.

"Wowww." You say under your breath. "Imagine being this muscly in real life."

Loki ignores your comments. "Is this better?" He asks Thor.

Thor grumbles some more. "It's better company at least."

Loki has another idea. "Still, we could be less conspicuous." He flicks his hand and Thor changes into Lady Sif, while Loki turns back into himself.

"Wait, who am I?" You question. You look down and see more armor but no defining features.

Loki smirks at you. "Hello father."

You touch your face, feeling a beard, and jerk back in shock. "Ahhh jeez turn me back I don't want to be Odin!"

Loki smirks at Thor too. "Hm, brother you look ravishing."

Thor glares at him. "It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form."

Loki just keeps smiling that irritating grin. "Very well. Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions, given that you seem to like them so much." His voice has a teasing tone but you sense some resentment or jealousy underneath.

He waves his hand and in a flash of green your body changes again. This time you look down and see a black catsuit. Black widow! Sweet!

Loki is Captain America and doing a whole shtick. "Oh, this is much better. Woah. The costume's a bit much, so tight..." As he talks, you focus on trying to zip up the zipper on your jumpsuit higher, but Loki's costume doesn't budge.

You tune back into what Loki is saying and jump in right before he says his next line. "Hey, you wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor, patriotism?"

You let Loki finish. "God bless Amer-"

He is stopped when Thor covers each of your mouths with a hand and pushes you both against a steel column. You and Loki revert back to normal.

"What?" Loki whines. Off to your side you hear the footsteps of two Asgardian guards. When they are gone, Thor frees you both.

Loki makes an irritated face. "You could at least furnish me with a weapon. My dagger, something!"

You nod and Thor sighs. He unsheathes two daggers and hands one to each of you. You hesitantly take yours but Loki gladly accepts his. "At last, a little common sense."

He smiles for a moment before frowning and holding up his hands, the dagger transformed into handcuffs. You smirk triumphantly, your dagger still normal.

Thor winks at you and smiles at Loki. "And I thought you liked tricks." He walks off and you and Loki wait a second behind.

Loki leans in conspiratorially. "Why do I get handcuffs and not you?" He whines.

You smirk back at him. "It's a combination of being trustworthy and kissing up. You should try it some time."

Then you rush off to follow Thor, leaving Loki to wonder if you actually kissed the god of thunder.