Chapter 21 - Royal

Loki transforms you into an Asgardian servant and you steal a cup of wine from the kitchen. While you're doing that, Loki turns into a guard and goes out into the garden to find the right plants to spike the drink. You meet back together and put them in.

You walk nervously to the throne room, still in disguise, praying the mixture works. "Here my lord." You hand the glass to Odin and bow.

"Thank you. You are dismissed." You get into the hallway and let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.

"Are you alright?" You hear the now familiar voice of Loki and turn around. "I would change us both back to normal but it's probably best we stay in disguise."

Suddenly you think of something. "Ah shoot Loki!"

"What?" He asks, concerned.

"We forgot about Heimdall! He'll be able to see what we're doing and stop us!"

As you say this you work yourself into a panic, but when you look at Loki, he is not giving the proper amount of freak out that the situation deserves. In fact, he's smirking.

"Oh (y/n), you can't think me that foolish. I dealt with Heimdall when I got the herbs. You really thought it took me 30 minutes to find a couple of plants?"

You shrug. "Did you kill him?"

"Of course not. I used my silver tongue, unlike Thor who would probably use his silver blade. You really are lucky-"

"Loki, focus." As much as you want to hear the rest of that rant simply for entertainment purposes, you steer him back on track.

"Ah, yes." He runs a hand through his hair. "Anyway, I performed a simple hypnosis spell, meaning he can still watch us, but he won't act upon our actions."

You let out a sigh of relief. Loki looks at you pointedly. "Well, is there anything you want to say?"

"Fiiiine. Thank you for thinking ahead Loki. I would be lost without you."

He smirks. "That's much better." Then he thinks for a moment. "The herbs have probably worked by now."

You nod and together you both go back into the throne room. Inside, Odin is sleeping heavily on his chair. Looking around, you notice the absence of guards.

"Psst. Loki." You whisper.

"What?" He whispers back.

"Where is everybody?"

He looks around. "I guess my father is too cocky to have any guards in here with him."

You shrug. "Well that makes our job easier."

You both go up to the throne. You grab Odin hands, and Loki grabs his feet. Together, you lift him off the ground and start to carry him towards the dungeon. Odin's hands are chapped and dry, nothing like Loki's hands which were soft and smooth.

For a second you daydream, remembering what it felt like to hold his hand before something hits your back hard. "Ow!"

You turn around to see you ran into a pillar. Loki is chuckling. You blush. "Oh shut up."

Down hallway after hallway you go, before you finally get to the cell that used to house you and Loki. Loki punches in some numbers and the wall opens. You both carry Odin into the bathroom and set him in the tub, close the door behind you and walk out, locking the cell.

Once you're out of sight you jump up and down, pumping your fists. "Yes! I cannot believe we pulled that off! Well I knew it was going to work but still! That was such a rush!"