Chapter 24 - Mario Kart

Loki looks at you in disbelief. "You want me to meet your parents?" You smile and nod, continuing down the street. "But won't they be overwhelmed by my greatness?"

You raise your eyebrows. "Yes Loki, that's what you should be concerned about right now. Not the fact that in their eyes, you destroyed half of New York, got me arrested, and are the reason that they haven't seen me in..." You pause, having no idea what year it is. "...A long time."

Loki smirks. "While I recognize your point, you should know that I can be wonderful with all adults when I want to be."

You stop in front of a faded blue house, the old paint peeling. "You've also never met my parents before." Lifting up the doormat and grabbing a key from underneath, you slide it into the lock and return a smirk of your own. "Well, you better get ready, because this is going to be much harder then you could ever imagine."

The door swings inward and you both walk inside, closing and locking it behind you. "Hello?" You shout. "I'm home!"

Suddenly you hear footsteps in the room above you and you start to smile. Down the stairs, clomping every step is your brother. You bear tackle him into a hug, before releasing him and tickling him. He laughs and giggles, and the familiar sound is like music to your ears.

Finally when you stop, he takes a few deep breaths before talking. "I've missed you (y/n)! I knew you would come back! Mom and Dad weren't so sure but I knew!"

You smile, his enthusiasm infectious. "Where are Mom and Dad (b/n)?"

"Oh, (s/n) and them went out to get groceries. They should be back in about an hour." Finally he notices Loki. "Who are you? And why are you wearing such a fancy suit?"

Loki looks ticked off. "Now you listen here boy, this suit is-"

You cut him off before he goes on a rant about Asgardian tailoring. "Thanks (b/n). I've missed you too. When Mom and Dad and (s/n) get home tell them I'm upstairs."

He nods and runs off into the kitchen. After giving Loki a basic tour of the downstairs, you go up the creaky steps to your room.

It's medium sized, with 2 beautiful wooden bookshelves. Loki walks over to them and examines the titles. You have a variety, from The Hunger Games to Harry Potter.

"Wow, (y/n), your love for books is much more immense than I ever could've pictured. When we get back to Asgard I will make sure to get lots of reading material sent to our room."

You smile, charmed by his thoughtfulness. "That would be wonderful." Then you pause for a second, re-thinking what he said. "Wait. Our room?"

He smiles an infuriatingly superior smile. "Why yes of course. As I will be Odin and you will be my new consort, it is only proper that we share a room, otherwise the servants might talk."

You flash a confused glance before facing away from him, trying not to show how caught off guard you are. "Uhhhh, consort? I don't remember agreeing to any of this."

You hear him pick up a book before setting it down gently. "What did you think would happen after we overtook Asgard? We need an excuse for why you would be spending so much time with the king, and this is the only lie that makes sense. You will, of course, have a disguise, for the Asgardian people would find it improper for Odin to be in a relationship with a prisoner. But otherwise, I think the plan makes perfect sense."

At that moment, you hear the front door close shut. "Loki, we're going to have to put this conversation on pause, but in no way do I want you to think you're off the hook, and that I have agreed to some wacky terms about sharing a room with you."