Chapter 10 - Partner

(You fly a plane/spaceship in this chapter and I know nothing about aerial transportation so sorry in advance)

You walk around, hoping to find a way off the ship. You almost get caught by agents a couple of times but are surprisingly able to sneak away.

Finally you find a computer room where you are able to locate the location of some spaceships, one of which you can fly to New York.

You do your best to memorize the route, leave, take a couple turns, and end up in the big ship docking area room. There aren't that many people in it and after some sneaking around you get on a ship.

You stare at the millions of buttons and levers and think back to what you know from driving your Volkswagen. There is a main steering-wheel-like contraption, so you sit down in the chair in front of it and press the button that says on.

The ship roars to life, and you start to push the accelerator lever forward. You have a clear shot out the big open door, so you push the lever further until it hits the end.

You and the ship shoot forwards out into the sky. You use the steering wheel contraption to turn and look around the cockpit for a GPS. You find one and set it to take you to New York. It tells you you will be there in 20 minutes. You put it on auto-pilot and go to the back of the ship to look for cool stuff.

The plane is really well organized and once you get the system it's super easy to find what you need. You grab some combat clothes and put them on, including a badass leather jacket that also seems bulletproof.

There are knives, and you put one in each holder on your hip. You take a first aid kit, 2 water bottles, and a whistle which you found under a seat cushion. You put all of those in a backpack and strap it on. Finally, you braid your hair and grab 2 pistols.

The jet is almost to New York and you direct it to land in Central Park. You get out with all your gear and start the walk to Stark Tower which is deceptively far. Along the way, everything is a mess. Buildings are on fire, trees are split in half, people are running around screaming. You see Chitauri but surprisingly they don't attack you. Maybe Loki told them I was on their side?

Up in the sky you see one of the big Chitauri flying around smashing stuff and you know it's almost time for you to make your move.

Acting on a hunch, you shout up to one of the normal Chitauri flying around on a Speeder Bike-ish vehicle. "Hey! Can I borrow that?"

It flies down and gets off. You hop on and find it fairly easy to ride. So I was right. Loki did tell them we were on the same side.

You fly up to the side of the tower and see Loki pinned down by Thor. Just as you expected, he rolls off the side of the building and starts to fall.

With some quick maneuvering you catch him so he lands right behind you. "Nice seeing you again." You tell him. "You looked like you needed some assistance."

He chuckles. "I was doing fine on my own. Now let me fly. It's clear I'm the better pilot."

As you dodge a building you turn your head quickly to look at him. "Never." Down below you see the Hulk smash the giant Chitauri.

You face back towards the front, focused on dodging bullets and skyscrapers. You sneak another glance down at the street to see the Avengers doing their hero pose. You groan and shake your head at their cheesiness before remembering something you had to say to Loki. "By the way, thank you for telling the Chitauri not to kill me."

"Ah, well you know, I can't have my partner getting killed by her own army." He replies.

"Ooo, partner, I like the upgrade from worthless Midgardian." He is about to respond when you spot Hawkeye aiming his bow and arrow at Loki.

"Hawkeye, up on the left." You shout.

Loki grins. "I see him." And he catches the arrow right before it hits his neck.

Dang. Then you remember what happens next. "Wait, no, Loki, the arrow is-"

You are stopped mid-sentence as the arrow explodes, sending you flying from the speeder and plummeting fast towards the far away ground.

I am going to die. This is the end. You picture what you will look like when you hit the concrete and it makes you want to throw up. You close your eyes, hoping for instant death when you feel your body jerked to a stop.