Chapter 16 - Flirt

"Fandral." Loki growls.

"Hello there Loki." He says cheerily, but with a biting undertone. "I came to say hello, and to meet your cellmate. (y/n) is it?"

You nod. "Well it's nice to meet you Lady (y/n). How is Asgard treating you so far?"

"Very well, thank you." You're pretty sure he's flirting with you and decide to go along with it just for fun. "I'm so glad I'm getting to meet you. Down on Earth we've heard so much about the warriors 3. Especially you. My opinion is you're the best of them all."

Next to you, you can sense Loki getting mad. "I'm flattered, Lady (y/n)." Fandral replies, completely unaware of Loki's reaction. "It's too bad you have to stay here in this cell, otherwise I would show you all around Asgard and the wonders it has to offer."

"That's very kind, but staying in this cell is the consequence for my actions so I will live with it." You say, trying to sound noble.

"I would think it best you know that almost everyone on Asgard believes what happens in New York isn't your fault and you shouldn't be punished."

This actually irritates you rather than comforts you. You've had enough of this conversation and take Loki's hand, trying to send Fandral the message that you actually aren't interested.

But he prattles on and on. "It really is too bad you have to say in this cell with such terrible company. Loki is such a grump, always off brooding or reading. It must get extremely boring."

With those insulting words, you can tell Loki has snapped and is about to do something stupid. You put your hand on his chest and walk right up to the force field, right in front of Fandral.

"It's been such a pleasure talking to you." You say in your sweetest voice. "But I'm afraid I have to get back to talking to my amazing, funny and extremely interesting roommate. You see, the difference between you two is he is a man, and you are just an annoying boy."

He looks around confused and insulted before walking away. You turn around to face Loki. He is speechless. So you grab his hand and sit down on the couch, pulling him down next to you.

"Read to me. You command jokingly. "I've earned it."

He grabs a book off the top of one of the stacks and reads the cover. "Enchantment for beginners. Is this acceptable?"

You nod and he begins to read. "To enchant a being, the first step is to make physical contact..."

His words are soothing and you close your eyes, resting your head on his shoulder and just listening. Without realizing it you fall asleep.

You wake up to Loki poking your shoulder over and over. "(y/n). (y/n) wake up."

You open your eyes blearily. Your body never adjusts well to naps. "Whaaat."

Outside your cell you hear shouts and you sit up, suddenly fully awake. Ughh this part sucks.

"What's going on?" You ask Loki, even though you already know.

"I'm not sure, and I know you know so you tell me." He grumbles.

"The evil horned guy is releasing all the prisoners." You retort.

"Well I can see that, it's pretty obvious."

An alarm starts blaring and Asgardian guards start rushing in to try and subdue the riot but it's too late. You grab Loki's hand and pull him up from the couch and over to the side of the cage to get a closer look.

The big horned guy is coming closer, killing anyone who gets in his way. He reaches your cell and stares at you and Loki for a really long time. You know what's coming and get ready to do another stupid thing that probably won't work.

Mr. Horned Dude turns to leave and Loki calls out after him "You might want to-"

You turn his head and stand on your tippy toes to kiss him, effectively cutting off any means of speech. His lips are cold but they feel nice against the warmth of yours. He starts to lean into the kiss but you pull away.

"I'm sorry." You whisper breathlessly. "I couldn't let you make that mistake." You turn your head towards the hallway and are satisfied to see the horned guy is gone, but somehow in your heart you know he went left.

You turn back to Loki and see his eyes searching your face, looking for answers. Suddenly, Thor comes in. Loki quickly pulls away and goes to sit on the couch with a book. You go into the bathroom.

Inside, you sit on the floor, completely confused. I've messed everything up. He won't trust me now, I should've found another way. But kissing him felt so right. And I think he liked it too.

You can hear the commotion outside coming to a stop, but you know the worst is still to come. After mustering your courage you walk out and look around the room. Loki is still reading his book, and all of the furniture is orderly.

Suddenly he looks up and pauses for a moment. Uh oh it happened. In a green mist, all of the furniture and books go flying. Something hits you on the cheek and you bring your hand to the injury and feel blood.