chapter 7

The man began brushing himself off.

"Where the hell have you been for the last few years?" Will asked.

"Got in a wee bit of trouble with a lord of a land. He had many connections, so for awhile I had to disappear and once things died down, I wanted to start things back up slowly." He said. His explanation was vague, and clearly Will didn't buy it either.

"Why were you sneaking around down here?" Will asked.

"Needed to find Robin." He said.

"Then why did you feel the need to attack my friends and rip his clothes off?" He said low and menacingly. 

"I didn't know he was one of yours. Hell, I haven't seen you guys in three years. How would I know you added new people to your group?" He said.

He? Good he still thinks I'm a man. Thank god my shirt ripped where it did or we would be screwed.

"Why do you need to find Robin?" I asked. He truly could be just be here to talk to Robin or he could be here to kill him. And until I can figure out why I need to keep my guard up. I started to feel anxious and scared. Not now. I needed to focus! I could feel a shiver up my spine. I bowed my head and stepped back a little more.

Your with Robin, Much, John, and Will. Safety. You are safe.

I shut my eyes and repeated that in my head.

"Sweet little lad isn't he?" Guy said sarcastically.

"Yeah Ms always like that with new people." Will said.

"He should be apologizing for kicking me in my good spot. I need that area for the ladies lad." he said as he slowly began to walk toward me.

"Let's call it pay back for forcing me to the ground and getting on top of me like a bloody perv." I said plainly.

We're finally face to face, and the smirk that came across his face made my skin crawl. His close proximity made my stomach roll. "No disrespect, kid. But men aren't my type. But I won't lie, you are quite cute for a dude. Ive never seen someone with your skin with such beautiful colored hair. By the way, where'd your stutter go, it was kind of cute." He said as he touched my chin. I flinched when he mentioned my stutter. Asshole. I should bite your finger off. And I could see Will about to move toward him. But I waved him off. I smile back at Guy and raised my hand and connected it to his cheek.

He stumbled back into a now laughing Will. "He's also very sensitive about his looks. And he doesn't like to be touched. And he hates people who comment on his stutter. And so do I. Be sure to remember that in the future." Will said in an amused but warning tone. "Go back up with Much, I'll handle him down here."

I began eyeing Guy and gave Will a wary look. He gave me a reassuring smile, and nodded. I turned and headed my way up the tree and toward Much. As I was climbing I could hear some of the beginning of the conversation.

"Now tell me why your really here, Guy?" Will said as he watched Guy recover from the punch.

"The Prince moved her into the castle." Was all I could hear from him before I was met with a worried Much.

"Is everything okay? Are you alright? What happened? Do you want me to signal the men? Should I-" I put my hands over his mouth to cut him off.

"Much....Breathe...." I said. He nodded and began taking in slow breathes. "Good, now everything is okay. For now let's focus on our task at hand, okay?" I said, he nodded and his eyes went back to Robin.

I tried my best to heed my own advice. Though there were lingering thoughts in my head. Who is that man? And if they knew him before me, why has he been gone so long? Who is the woman speaks of?