chaptet 19

"Okay." Guy said with a hint of relief in his voice. He walked over to the doorway and picked up the bucket. He looked at me and smiled. "Lead the way."

I nodded and began to head over to the washing bin outside. "You can lay it down here. I'll finish the rest." I said plainly. I didn't want him to think that I was fazed by his presence.

He did as he was told. He put the bucket of dishes next to the water bin, however he didn't leave. He just stepped away. He clearly wanted to say something but was hesitant.

I kneeled in front of the buckets and began to was the dishes. "Speak." I said.

"So you can talk?" He said.

I looked back at him and  glared. Really?

He threw his hands up in defense and began to talk. "I'm sorry....about last night I mean. I didn't mean to barge in and scare you. I was just worried." He said.

I kept my eyes on the dishes. "It's fine. Sorry I freaked on you like that. But in my defense, if you were in a state like that and someone unfamiliar is in your face, anyone would freak out." I said bluntly.

"Yeah. Your right." He murmured.

I waited awhile longer. He still stayed quiet but still didn't leave. I huffed. "Is there something else?" I asked.

"When I was young, I was sent to war, like Robin." My body stopped at his words. "They would send boys from ages thirteen and up to fight. I killed my first man when I was fifteen. Had night mares for years. Constantly had panic attacks. And when I was finally sent back home, it was like nothing changed. Though I was surrounded by people that loved me and kept me safe it still felt like-"

I cut him off and finish his sentence, "-like you still there. Fighting for your life."

"Exactly. I guess what I'm trying to say is. I may put on a smile and flirt a little, but I can be serious. You can talk to me. I'm here to listen." He said.

I turned to him and looked at him suspiciously. "Why?" Why is he offering his ears? Why does he care? We barely know each other nor have we had many talks together.

"Why are you being nice? Is it out of pity? If so I don't need your pity." I basically spat at him. I hated pity. I already had plenty of it from Robin, the one man I didn't want it from. Last thing I want is for the man who will potentially betray us to have pity as well. I hate to admit it, but I'm a prideful son of a bitch.

"It's because I understand." He said. I looked in to his eyes. He was telling the truth, or at least that's what it feels like. "I feel no sympathy for you. It's only empathy." He said bluntly.

"You don't have to open your heart to me, but I mean it, I'm here." He said with a small smile.

He was a handsome man. I'd give him that. "Thank you." I said a little annoyed.

"I can finish these if you want, and you can head upstairs to sleep." He said. I was gonna decline, but then I realized, I can get out of doing chores for free.....yeah I'm going to bed.

"Thanks." I said and began to get up and make my way to the entrance of the hut, but before I left I stopped and turned. "Hey Guy!?" I said.

He turned and looked at me with that same small smile. "I don't trust you. Not even a little." I said truthfully.

His shoulders slumped a little but his smile stayed. This was clearly not news to him. "I figured as much."

"But still....thanks for dinner......and the apology." I quickly turned and left, and in the distance I could hear him chuckle. That's the nicest I'm gonna be to that man.

Once I mad my way back in to the house I pulled off my hood and began to make my way to Robins room. "What did you two talk about?" Will asked from the bottom of the steps, startling the shit out of me.

"Jesus! Will! I told not to do that shit." I said with my hand on my heart, trying my best to calm my fast beating heart. He ignored my statement, and waited quietly for me to answer his.

"He just wanted to apologize to me in private so he helped me carry the bucket to the washing bin, and then he offered to finish while I went to bed." I said.

He nodded. "Okay. Just be careful around him kid." He said and i nodded. I understand his concern, Guy was a unknown factor and I had a lot to loose.

"So tomorrow.....you and Robin......alone.....are gonna tell him?" Will asked in a not so conspicuous way.

I rolled my eyes and then shrugged my shoulders. "Probably. Probably not. I still haven't mentally prepared my self. When the moments right, I'll know......or at least thats what Much said." I said. Whenever we are alone, it never feels like the right moment. In my heart, I know I want to do it, but my head is a whole other factor.

"Okay. Then how about this? If you don't tell him by the time you come back tomorrow, I will." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

My eyes almost bulged out of my head. "What!? Why?" I almost yelled.

He tilted his head. "I don't know. To put some fire under your arse? Maybe if you feel like there's a time limit, it'll force you to do it quicker." He said. I mean he wasn't wrong but still that's a little much.

I looked him up and down. Was he joking? I hope so. "I can't tell if your joking or not." I said. Though Will did joke, majority of the time you'd never know. He'd keep a straight face majority of the time and it was frustrating.

"And you'll never know. Is it a risk your willing to take, little sister?" He said with a mischievous smirk. Oh bloody hell.

"Now go upstairs and sleep. Robin must be waiting for you." Before I could respond he was already on his way to his room.

I'm so screwed.

I began to make my way to Robins room. I stayed outside the door for a moment to shaken to go in.

Will was joking right? He wouldn't actually tell Robin, would he? But I mean it's Will......

He would. He definitely would. He probably had some logical reason for it too. I have until tomorrow to tell Robin that i love him. Or maybe just wait and let Will tell him? I mean what's the harm in that? It would take the burden off my shoulders.

But I don't want Robin to hear it from someone else. Especially, Will. He wouldn't even convey it properly, and Robin would still want to talk to me anyways. So might as well come from my lips.

But what hell do I say? I've never done this before. What if I mess up? What if I make a mistake that's beyond repair. I don't want to casted out. I love my family. Maybe I can just keep quiet and not say anything, I can persuade Will not to say anything and tell him that I don't want to do it any more.

........but that's a lie, because though I'm terrified, deep down I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him how I burned for him. How his eyes hypnotize me. How his lips taunt me. How his smile brightens up a cloudy day. How his touch makes my body burn. How I crave him in away I hadn't thought possible.

How I wanted his tongue on my every-

"M? Why are just standing out here? Come in." Robin said in front of me. I hadn't even noticed he'd open the door. How long was I standing here? How long was he standing here?

WHAT IN THE HELL WAS I IUST THINKING?

"M?" He called to me again. My hands went to my cheeks. God they were so warm, and my core began to stir again. Just the mere thought of him awakened my body.

I looked up at him and lowered my hands. I gave him the most normal smile I could muster and made my way past him into the room.

Oh this is going to be a long and difficult night....