chapter 47

When we made our way back to the kitchen, Will let go of my hand and we both stiffened. The kitchen was filled with guards. I grabbed one of the servant girls that was walking pass us. "What's goin on?"

She yanked her arm from me and gave me scowl. "Robin Hood and his men are here. They are trying to catch him." She began to walk away from us and disappeared in the crowd of working servants.

"We need to do something to blend in til we can get to the entrance." I said. He nodded. He found a basket of apples and I picked up a weird cooking thing. It just looked like a long stick. We began to make our way up to the entrance.

"Hey! You two!" We both paused and turned slowly. It was the mean lady from before.

"What are you doing? Put that basket down and give me that." She said as she snatched the strange object from me. She rolled her eyes. She began to lecture us about being clueless in the kitchen, but we kept flitting our gazes to the guards behind her. I prayed they didn't recognize Will.

As if on queue a guard began to look our way and I could feel a bead of sweat roll down my neck and I glanced at Will. He was in his meek and vulnerable facade from earlier. "Everything alright over there?" Said the guard suspiciously.

The lady waved him off. "They are just two incompetent servants. You two, stay out of the kitchen." The lady said. She twirled around and grabbed a tray of exquisite wines, fruits, breads, and cheese. "Take this up to the balcony to the Lady and his Majesty. And once your done, head straight back here to get more trays for the people in the garden."

We nodded and began to head toward the servants entrance. "When she recognizes me, she will make up an excuse to leave. You will follow her to assist her to whatever matter she speaks of. Since she will be with you the guards won't question it. You will go to the entrance that leads deeper in the castle. Once you go down that entrance, I will meet you at the end." I nodded agreement.

"Give me the cloak." I said and he handed it to me. When my eyes laid on it, I realized that the cloak was one of mine.

"What's wrong?" Will asked.

"It's one of my cloaks....." I said softly. I shook my head as if I could shake the jealousy out of my head. I grabbed it from his hands and began to walk up the stairs. I was thankful Will didn't say anything after that.

Once we made it to the door, I could feel Wills hand in mine. He squeezed it lightly and then brought it to his lips. He then let it go and nodded at me, and I nodded in response.

He pushed the door open and we made our way inside. At this time, it was only The Prince and the lady.

We both bowed and I waited for Will to speak. "Good evening, Your Majesty. My lady. We have brought more refreshments."

The prince did even acknowledge us much, just waved his hand, but the lady stiffened. She must've recognized Wills voice. She turned slightly to one of the trays I was holding and her eye's immediately landed on Will for a second. He gave her a curt nod and the twitched his head to me. Her gaze rained to me as she reached for a drink. Our gaze locked. I nodded toward her as well.

She nodded back and turned her head to the prince. "Majesty, my I be excused to relieve myself?" She asked.

"Yes, but make sure your back before you fiancé is. Last thing we need is that scary bastard upset at your absence." He said. Eyes still focused on the garden below. He seemed to be staring at one of the ladies down below, with a bosom as big as a horses ass.

"You! Maid! Come with me." She said to me and then looked at Will. "You are dismissed."

Will gave me one last look as he left through the servants entrance.

The lady stood and began to make her way through another door and I followed quickly. "I must go back to my room and return something before we leave." She said.

Well nice to meet you too. "Milady, we do not have time, we are on a tight schedule. We must make haste-"

She cut me off. "It was not a request. Whoever you are, I know Robin. And he will wait regardless. However the thing I need can not. Now you can come, or deal with the boys anger of you ignoring your duty. Understood?" She said.

Well. She can explain to Robin why we died today then. We made our way from the stairs that lead from the balcony. I followed her down several hallways. I refused to look around. I just watched the back of the women who will marry Robin once I left.

She finally stopped at a door to a big room. When we entered the room, unlike the rest of the castle, this room caught my breath. It was beautiful. You can tell it has its own personality. The person who designed this room hand nothing to do with the unmemorable castle. There were beautiful light and dark blues everywhere with subtle hints of gold.

"Yes. Yes. It is beautiful. Now help me find some papers. They are very important. I meant to get them before I met with The Prince and that rancid man, but for I was surrounded by maids. They are in a brown book, with the letters LH on it." She said.

I shook myself out of my mesmerized state and began to help her look through the room. I check the beautiful furniture. Under the bed. In a few drawers. I made my way to the lady's jewelry drawer. Then finally. "Found it! Now let's go before we get our necks wrung." I said.

"Ah!" She whirled around and rushed her toward me. "Good las. Let us be on our way. She began to make her way pass me.

Thank god.

She suddenly stopped.

......bloody hell did I say that out loud?

She turned and looked at me, and I mean really looked at me for the first time. Her gaze trailed down my body and then landed directly into my eyes. "I'm not always a rude bitch. I apologize if I frustrated you. It's just that these papers are very important. And we must get them to Robin."

I watched her for a moment. Her eyes are the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Even more than Robins. I couldn't help but smile. She was a bit rude, she has a charm about her. I see why he loved her.

I nodded a reassurance and pulled out the cloak. I wrapped it around her and tied it. "If you say it's worth it, then I will believe you." I said.

She nodded, pulled the hood over her head and moved toward the door.

"Where are we going?" She said only loud enough for home to hear.

"Dining hall. Will said it will most likely be empty." I said. For a lady she moves pretty quick. And here I thought she would be a bit of a priss.

"Alright follow me love. We shall go in stealth." She said.

I think I like her.

Damn.