chapter 48

We made our way through hallways, dodging guards and servants. Luckily we were unseen.

"We are almost there. Quick feet we must be on our way." She said.

"You are quite bossy, madam." I said jokingly.

"Yes I suppose so." She said with a giggle. "So, are you a friend of Robin and company." She asked.

"You can say that." I said.

"What is your name? I realized I haven't asked it is quite rude of me. I should've asked the name of the woman who is saving me." I said

"You can call me M." No point of telling her my name. After today she'll never see me again.

"Hmmm. Well M it is very nice to meet you. Your here so I'm sure you know who I am." I nodded.

"How are they?" She asked suddenly.

I knew exactly who she was talking about. "They are fine. Waiting to save you." I said

"Yes. Yes. Always the damsel in distress. But they will always fail to mention the amount of times I've save there bloody hides." She said with a smirk.

"They have tendencies to do that. Especially, John." I said.

"Oh that big oaf. He always had the tendency to get himself in trouble. Poor Will was basically his babysitter." She said.

"Still is." I said with a laugh and she quickly joined.

"I cannot wait to see them again. I almost cried when I saw Will. Imagine how I will be when I see the rest of them. Dear god. I'll look dreadful." She said.

PI doubt it.

"Oh my!" Her voice came out choked and muffled. I looked up at her to see that she had one of her hands over her mouth and the look of terror on her face. I followed her gaze and almost cried out.

Guy was in the middle of one of the tables, his arms strung up from the one side of the room to another, hunched over with blood dripping from his mouth and head. He was beaten bloody.

Robin was tied up in the floor with his mouth gagged and knocked out but luckily Will was nowhere to be found. This is a trap. I know that. I understand that and yet every bone in my hood is telling me to go to him.

I look him over from where we are. No gashes or no stab wounds from where I stand. He's fine. He may have a few bruises but he's fine.

"We must go to him." Lady said. She bags to make her way to him by I pulled her back.

"You are the target. They might have archers at the ready. As soon as they get you they will kill us all. So you-" I began to say but Robin began to stir. He was waking up.

I want to go to him but I can't risk it. He struggle a bit to open his eyes, but once he did they landed on me and Lady. His eyes widened. His eyes began to dart around nervously. When his eyes went back to me a look in his eyes caught me off guard and nearly shattered my heart.

It was fear. Robin was never afraid.

"You are almost correct my dear. I am here to get a woman but it is not the lady behind you." The man from the balcony said.

"Isn't that him? The man that was trying to force you to marry?" I said. His voice made spine scream.

"Yes." She said.

He began to make his way to Robin and my soul nearly jumped out of my body.

"Stay away from him!" I yelled.