chapter 57

Robin

I didn't sleep.

It was nearly impossible for me to do so. Will and John didn't sleep either. John and Will were taking turns comforting Much. Or I should say watching him. We are scared he might do something wreck less.

Will was the one watching him now, while John was outside the cage with me, Marian, and Guy. John was giving Guy the meanest glare I had ever seen. Marian tended to Guys wounds, mostly because none of us wanted to help the bastard. The only reason Will saved him is because he knew too much about us and if he were to be captured by the Sheriff after he betrayed him, it would put us in more danger than we already were in.

I stayed leaned against the stupid rock contemplating every decision I've ever made. I could feel the unease in the camp. It was a physical thing that we were all trying to ignore but we couldn't.

The sound of rapid footsteps had everyone stiffening. Me, John, and Will all shared a look. I signaled for John to take a frozen Marian into the cage, while me and Will his behind some boulders for an ambush. I grabbed my bow and Will grabbed his sword. The footsteps were fast but you could tell it was only one person. Most likely a small man or a woman because the footsteps were light.

When the footsteps were close enough me and Will shared a look and with out so much of a word we stepped out and I pulled out an arrow and aimed at the threat in front of us, while Will was prepared to strike.

The sight of a small woman had us stopping, a loud scream left her as she fell to the ground covering her head. "Don't shoot! Please!"

By my horror the woman was covered in blood. From the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. He put his sword down while I kept my arrow at the ready. His eyes met mine and the horror in his matched what I felt in my soul. "Who are you and how did you know where we were here?" I asked.

"The girl! She told me before she passed out. She's bleeding......bad and she'll need help." The woman said with a tremor.

My arms lowered at her words. A small bit of hope blossomed at her words, until the reality of what she said sunk in........that blood.....all that blood was hers..... no it can't be. With that much blood, the person should be dead.

Wills face mirrored what I felt. Uncertainty, fear, and hoping that it wasn't her. "What girl?" He asked.

"Big curly red hair. Freckles. Dark skin. She was with him," she pointed at Will, "when you guys went to the castle dressed as servants." She said. My heart sank. No. No. She's alive. But the amount of blood on..... no this woman has to be a fake. A trap....this had to be a trap. My eyes began to scan the trees behind her.

Will narrowed his eyes at her when realization hit him full force. "Your the head kitchen servant at the castle." He said.

The sound of Johns groan filled our ears and before we knew it Lady Marian was by our side. I just knew she kicked him in the balls.

Once she was next to me, she looked down at the servant. A looks of fear and terror lit up her face, but she quickly pushed it down when the women lifted her head toward her. A small smile was splayed across her face. She knew her.

When Marians and the servants eyes met. The servant eyes lit up and Marian reached for her before we could stop her. "My lady!" The woman said with a smile.