Chapter 10- Cookies

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K YA'LL!!!!
Seriously it means the world to me, i never would have imagined ever gaining this amount of reads :33
Foreplay- Jalen Santoy (It's just a really beautiful song)

~~~
The little girl hummed while watching the other girls play with one another. She had never had much friends. But she didn't really complain, she wasn't always so lonely. There was a boy she saw everyday after school. He was her own little runaway and she loved it. She sometimes felt as if she were alone in the big world but then the boy with the fluffy black hair and crooked smile came and saved her from the monsters of the world.

It was the end of the day at school and she couldn't wait until the bus came. She would get of the bus and she would see him.

She wondered if he was her best friend. Everyone in her class talked about their best friend and every one of their descriptions matched the boy. If only he would come to her school so she wouldn't be alone there anymore. He always told her that they were the only one in the world and everyone else is just part of their imagination. The girl was always so confused when he told her that but she loved the picture of it.

She made plans in her little diary about how they were going to run away someday to space or the land of fairies.

Getting on the bus that stopped in front of her her eyes widened when she saw the familiar fluffy black hair over his pretty, pretty eyes and soft lips that were... bleeding.

She frowned and rushed towards her boy. "Sunshine! What happened?" Her tone was filled with worry, her brain fogging at the sight of the most important person in her life hurt. The boy had never told her his name but she felt so attached to him, and he was her only friend.

"It's okay Lani, I'm fine, just a little cut," He whispered grasping her hand pulling her down for her to sit next to him. "You're not fine, you stubborn boy," she lifted her hand hesitantly, scared to touch the cut, afraid she might hurt him. "Don't worry, I'm not even hurting, see?" He smiled, hiding the wince from the sting. The small girl shook her head ignoring his unconvincing statements. "You best explain what happened or else..." she glared at him and she heard him sigh.

"Only because you're my best friend." And then horrifying words tumbled out of his bruised lips.

...

"I miss Tammy," one of the kids whined making Fuji's heart break a little bit more. "I know, baby, I do too," Fuji at the moment didn't have any comforting words to say. She felt worried when she didn't see Apollo at school that day. She had this unknowing connection with him, it was hard to go a day without seeing him.

It was like she knew him from a long time ago.

"How about his, we can make little cards for Tammy and I can send them to her to tell her how much she's being missed," Fuji suggested and watched as he young soul's eyes light up. "Okay!" The child jumped up and ran towards the art bucket in the other room.

Fuji wanted to ignore the bubbling feeling of worry but she just couldn't do anything but that.

She sighed and decided not to think the worse of it and went to help the little ones make the cards. She was distracted too easily and needed to focus on the children a little bit more.

Fiddling with random craft materials she just stared at the small children that are so oblivious to everything and wished she could go back to that time when she was just like them. They were so lucky and they didn't even know that. And they probably had their own problems and had little crisis' and breakdowns.

Fuji wanted everything good to happen to them and wanted to help them be successful and happy, not be stuck with a toxic guardian like she was. Fuji wasn't that naive. She knew how bad the mistress was, she knew how this was abuse and that she was in bad situation but she needed to be there for the innocent children.