Chapter 36- Mile High

Die For You- Weeknd (actually a masterpiece)

He half expected his bed to be empty.

He half expected to be heartbroken when he cracked his eyes open. But a smile lifted his lips when he felt her soft body pressed against his. He sighed a breath of relief and held her closer to him. He didn't think she was real.

He thought this was his brain playing games with him. He couldn't believe that this was happening. He was close to losing all hope, driving around in his car, trying to think until he saw a body in the playground. It was so small, he assumed it was a child at first but he noticed the red hair. The strands shining in the street lights, and he immediately knew that it was his Fuji.

He took her back to his house, fully knowing that her apartment was right next to the playground. He had selfish reasons too, but he knew that there must be something going on in the apartment for her to be out there in the dark.

He hated himself for not being able to control himself. Control himself enough to wake her up and bring her back to her own home. Instead, he attempted to convince himself that she needed to be with him. She needed to be away from her apartment and with him. He didn't think that it would end like this.

He thought she would get angry. He was willing to let her be angry just to be with her. He wanted to be the one by her side all the time.

He noticed the way people stared at her. He noticed how his friend stared at her. When he first saw them together at the party, he felt guilty. And jealous. That ugly emotion probed at his chest until he wanted to gut the boy he called his brother for even breathing near the girl. But he had no right. He didn't know that they would get this close, but if he was what she needed, then he was grateful that at least one person was there for her.

Even if that was Milo. Especially because it was Milo. Out of the three of them, he was the most stable. He had the right intentions and he knew how to be... good.

Something both Oliver and Luca lacked.

Fuji's adorable yawn pulled him out of his thoughts. He smiled looking down at her. Her hair was sticking out and there was drool trailing down her cheek but his breath was still taken away by her beauty. He watched her crack her eyes open, wincing at the bright sunlight that streamed into the room.

A groan left her lips.

"Good morning," he murmured, kissing her forehead. She snuggled into him further, throwing her leg over his waist. She mumbled something he couldn't hear before falling back asleep. He chuckled quietly, watching her latch onto him. She was so small compared to him and her limbs were too short, but still she managed to wrap around him completely.

He wasn't complaining. In fact, he wanted to be closer to her, if that was even possible.

Just her being near him, pressed against him so firmly, gave him peace. She calmed his heart, cradling it in between her small hands. Giving it the perfect amount of love to keep it beating.

"We have to get up, baby, you're going to be late for school," at that, the small girl jumped up from her position in his arms. Cold air immediately whooshed through him, making him frown. He stopped him hands from tugging her back into his arms.

Her eyes were wide and her lips were parted as she began looking around for the time.

"Oh shit, I can't be late!" She scrambled around the room, finding her clothes and shoving his t-shirt off. He chuckled, watching her wide eyes dart across to him, and give him an adorable glare. He scolded himself when he began to grow hard at the sight of her perky breast bouncing as she rushed to pull her clothes on.