Chapter 20- Tears

PSY- New Face (this song makes me scream... without the s)

"Ares, what are you doing?" Every time Apollo heard William's voice, he got surprised because of how clam and cold he stays. No matter what the issue is, he just sounds exactly the same. Even right now, as he stared down at the older man towering over his bruised son, his fist raised in rage and his face redder than a damn tomato, he was calm. He had no emotions showing on his face as he stared down at the pathetic man. 

Well he looked calm, at least. Inside he was boiling with anger. He had been abused first hand and now that one of his men were a victim to it, he couldn't let this slide. He wouldn't let this slide. 

"I-I," Ares struggled to find an excuse as he jumped off of Apollo, his fist still clenched, Apollo's blood staining his knuckles. He didn't even have the decency to look guilty. He just looked angry that he got caught. Hurting his own son. Causing pain on his own flesh and blood. 

The boy beneath him wanted to laugh, to laugh in his father's face and finally feel the rush of victory, but he stayed on the floor, his chest heaving up and down, wondering how William would take this. He prayed that William wasn't one of the monsters that lurked the in the world. Though he wouldn't be surprised if he was, he was a gang-leader for fucks sake. 

"Now now, it isn't the time to be thinking of excuses, tell me the truth," the man slowly walked over to the scene, making Ares cower back unconsciously. When he realized what he was doing, he straightened his back before taking a deep breath. 

"I was just teaching my son a lesson," Ares told William with a grin, "As you can see from my face, I wasn't the one who hit first." 

This was the only second Apollo regretted hitting him, but no matter what, it didn't take away from the fact that it felt really damn good. 

"Tsk tsk, I don't believe you." William shook his head. 

Ares spluttered, "Do you not see these bruises?" Apollo was amused at his father's dramatics. Pointing to himself so aggressively he could possibly stab himself with his finger. There was something so childish about his behavior William ignored his words and headed straight for the boy on the floor. 

"You alright, kid?" Apollo nodded, shaking off the hand on his shoulder. He wasn't used to such a fatherly gesture, even if that sounded pathetic. 

"I'm fine." He wasn't. 

He felt like the world was crashing down on him, all depending on his next actions. He felt like he was alone, in a vast sea, not having anyone to help him. He was desperately trying to hang onto something, even if it were just a thread, but there was nothing. He wanted to scream out his pain and what he's been through but he knew no one was there to listen, and even if there was, they wouldn't care. 

But he didn't say that, he just shook his head and went to find the first aid kit so that he wouldn't pass out from the amount of hits he took to the head. 

He never said his father was weak physically. 

"Let me help you," it sounded so unnatural coming from William's mouth. It shocked the both of them how softly he had said them. The gang-leader was known for his cold voice and scary looks, so it was unusual how much he sounded like he... cared. 

The boy was tempted to let him help but he couldn't do that to himself, he couldn't be so careless. 

"No thanks," he dismissed the man with a nod before helping himself up and heading towards the door, only one person he wanted to see at the moment. But a hand stopped him. He froze up, hating the way his words and touch effected him. He felt like a child again.