Chapter 33- Confession

Do you like me?- Daniel Caesar (truly a masterpiece)

Fuji had felt better after telling him everything that was weighing her down.

She felt as if she had handed him some of the heavy rocks that had been in her pockets threatening to pull her down and make her crumble. She would be lying if she had said making him feel all the guilt and remorse made her feel worse. She was tired of thinking that he would be able to get through her even

When she had gotten home that night, Milo had been sitting on the couch, in silence, just waiting for her. She had felt so bad so she stayed up until four in morning, watching NBA with him. It didn't cheer him up all the way but the waffles she had made that morning made him happier. All she wanted is the people in her life to be happy, she hated that she made the boy who had helped her through her darkest times were getting upset. She tried not to blame herself, but she couldn't help it.

Milo had done everything for her, he had stuck by her side since day one. She was angry that she had forgotten him for a second.

"Fuji!" Luka shouted from the living room. She sighed, "What!" She shouted back. She heard some shuffling before her door slammed open and a very disheveled Luka came into view. She frowned, getting up from her comforting position in her bed and shutting her laptop screen. She didn't even he was in the apartment.

"I fucked up," his voice shook as her eyes widened. Worry and confusion sprang up into her heart as she jumped out of her bed and walked cautiously towards the panicking man. His long fingers fiddled with each other as he avoided her eyes. She held her breath and then she saw it, his red rimmed eyes and his dilated pupils. Her heart stopped as she tried not to tear up.

Luka's addiction was something that no one liked. Fuji wasn't aware of it until she found him passed out one day, vomit dribbling from his mouth. That was three months ago, he had been clean ever since.

What happened?

"It's okay," she whispered, taking his hands, taking notice at its trembling, and leading him back to his room. He needed to rest. He needed to come down from whatever high he was chasing. When Fuji first saw Luka with Apollo and Milo, though all three of them looked so intimidating she couldn't breath, she had assumed Luka was the happiest. They all had their demons but the girl couldn't see Luka's due to his happy exterior. That is, when he's with his friends. To anyone else, he would be seen as cold and mean. But even then, she thought his bright energy was beautiful and untainted.

He hadn't told her the full story, and it seemed like he wasn't comfortable sharing it, so the girl didn't push it. But she knew enough to know what to do in this moment. She grabbed a cup of water, some pine nuts and tissues and brought them to his room. He was tucked in his bed, his eyes wide like a child and his feet sticking out. Her heart broke at the fear and regret in his eyes but she kept her mouth shut. Luca hated pity, it was what made his tick. She put the tray of things on the stand next to the bed and sat down next to him.

"You want me to stay?" she murmured, even if he said no, she would still stay put. He nods his head, making her system flood with relief.

"What happened?" She asked, once again, her voice soft and void of judgement. Luca shut his eyes closed for a second, shaking his head.

"I don't know, I'm getting tired," he whispered. Fuji let out a breath, pressing her hand over his sweaty forehead. She helped him sit up and drink the water and eat the pine nuts.

"I miss Apollo." The statement shocked Fuji. Luka never really talked about Apollo. So hearing him say that made her eyes widen. She regained composure and cleared her throat, "I do, too," she whispered. She looked around the room for any more signs of the substance. Once everything was clear she stood up. A hand stopped her.