Chapter 25- Concern

Somewhere Only We Know- Keane 

Fuji couldn't feel anything.

It sounded silly but it really felt like her heart was gone. The day before, she thought she would never recover from what happened, but that morning when she had woken up, she felt... nothing. Not pain, not anger, not guilt, not even sadness. She just felt like she was just a body. She didn't know if she was thankful, or worried. 

"What are you doing?" she heard the familiar voice of Savannah. Fuji stopped cutting up the fruit and turned around to face Savannah before speaking, "I'm going to-to go to Milo and L-Luca's apartment, to check on them." 

The girl was worried for Apollo's friends. They had known him longer than she had, and loved him longer. They were probably horribly depressed. She knew that there wasn't a huge chance that they would be taking care of themselves, so she had talked to the orphanage's chef for an hour, trying to convince him to let her take some food to her friends. She had to lie a few times, explaining that her friends were sick and couldn't come down to eat. She never clearly told him that her 'friends' were in the orphanage but she spoke of them enough so that he could assume. 

"Who?" Savannah popped a strawberry in her mouth, pulling herself up so that she could sit on the edge of the table. 

"A-Apollo's friends," Fuji thought that saying his name would make her fall apart, but surprisingly she didn't even wince. Savannah quirked her eyebrows at the girl, "That's a lot of friends," she pointed at the mountain of containers filled with food. Fuji sighed. 

"There's only t-two of them, but they eat-eat a lot," Fuji laughed, but her laugh was cold. Void of any sign of the girl she was before. It was scary to listen to for Savannah but Fuji acted as if she could care less. The girl filled up two big bags with the food and kissed Savannah on the cheek before dragging the bags behind her as she made her way outside. Savannah followed behind her, helping her with the food. 

"It's okay, I-I've got them," Fuji grunted, as pain shot up through her frail arm. "No you don't," Savannah took the second bag from Fuji's shaking hands. Fuji smiled a small sheepish smile before letting the bag go. Savannah let out a breath as she followed the girl to the bike.

"Should I go with you?" Her friend asked, looked concerned and worried. Fuji shook her head, "It's fine, p-plus, the f-food took your spot," she pointed at the occupied seat of her motorcycle. Savannah bit her lip to stop herself from arguing with the girl any further. The way Fuji was acting was very concerning, she didn't know how to react. 

What she did know was that Fuji was definitely not fine, despite the many times the small girl claimed she was. 

"Thanks, I-I'll see you later," Fuji shoved her helmet over her messy red hair as she climb onto her bike. Savannah gave her a small smile, "Text me when you get there." 

The bike's engine echoed through the air as Fuji drove out of the quiet parking lot. She needed to get out of that orphanage, and it was perfect that she had her motorcycle with her. The girl thought she would need to get rid of her bike when she moved, but thankfully she got to keep it. 

She didn't like that she wasn't completely going insane, but at the same time, she thought it was great. There was a lot of other ways she could've handled this, and she thought that this was the best way to do it. She didn't like feeling pain, she had enough of it. It was about time the universe gave her a small break from all this heartache. There was also a small part of her that still didn't process everything that had been happening. She still expected her Ollie to climb through her window that night and laugh at her face for believing such news. 

She shook her head to get rid of any silly thoughts. 

It only took ten minutes to arrive at Apollo's building. She remembered the first time she was here. They had been so happy. If only she knew what would've happened. She would've talked to him, she would've told him every single ounce of love she felt for him. Maybe if he knew how much she had felt for him, he wouldn't of done this to himself.